Chapter 4

(Y/n) could feel all the collective tension from the past twenty hours release as she stretched midway through their journey. The morning air was crisp and the ground dewy as she opened the door to the carriage to let them out to breathe fresh air with her.

The two climbed out and stretched their legs for a while.

(Y/n) and Midoriya stepped away for a second to pick an apple for their breakfasts when they hear a struggle up ahead.

(Y/n) positioned herself in front of Midoriya and held the hilt of her sword tight in her hand as it was unsheathed as quietly as possible. She steadied her breathing and scanned the surrounding areas as closely as possible.

Before she could decide how to approach the situation a flash of green crossed her eyes as a girl not older than herself sprinted past followed closely by four people influenced by the power of all for one.

Midoriyas breath hitched as he was greeted by a surly disturbing sight. The four seemed almost dead, black visible veins ran up their skin and they moved in an almost puppet like way.

Despite their stance they were increasingly agile and fast as proved by them pouncing on (Y/n) almost instantaneously.

A man with purple hair and sharp teeth kept her occupied with blade after blade being hurled her way. A second one with pink hair took over and was definitely used to using force with her fighting as she could probably snap (Y/n)s bones if she landed a hit on her.

The third one had blond hair tied in two buns and also threw blades at her while she continued to dodge. It's only when she realized she lost sight of the last one did she immediately spin Midoriya around her to the opposite side and swung her sword out in front of her, slashing the open palm of the final member, an assumed man who's only identifier was a black and white mask.

He reeled back in pain with a slew of curse words giving her an opening to grab a knife stuck to a tree near by and threw it back at one of the members with her free hand.

With this new opening she breathily whispered to him.

"Run"

He didn't need to hear her twice to book it back to his mom and inside the cart.

Now that she didn't need to worry about protecting him, she charged at the other man hitting him hard over the head with her hilt, concussing him and leaving him incapacitated.

Not wasting a moment she spun around and kicked the blond girl directly in the ribs, knocking her to the ground. Using her momentum she slammed the hilt against the other woman's head, knocking her out cold before she could reach her.

With only one person still able to fight, she charged at him and pinned him to the ground with her foot on his chest, blade against his neck.

Unbeknownst to (Y/n), he braced himself for the end. The corruption coursed through his veins as his adrenaline wore out and in a moment of freedom from its influence he prayed for forgiveness from Hylia herself begging for her to understand what happened to him.

Before another thought could enter his head he was out like a light.

With four people either unconscious or unable to move, (Y/n) took a breathe. One by one she restrained them with rope she had back at the carriage and flagged down a patrol guard making his routine checks.

She was lucky he was there because she didn't exactly have an after plan on what to do with them...

"Why didn't you just kill them, they're almost as bad as the beasts roaming around here recently?"

The guard spoke in a hostile tone, hatred for anyone who had a trace of the corruption in them.

"Even if they were human, I'd say they're a lost cause by this point"

His words were mocking as he pointed to the black veins with disgust.

She stared at him, not one of acknowledgment like she'd give to Midoriya or Iida, a cold one void of any trace of kindness.

Getting the message loud and clear as seen by a visible shiver, he shut up and took them into custody.

'They're still human'
She thought as she picked two fresh apples from a nearby tree.

Taking another's life seemed so cruel, so un necessary. Her job was to protect lives, not take them.

She opened the door to the carriage and nodded to the two inhabitants, signaling that it's okay. She hands one of the new apples to Midoriya before getting back on her horse and continuing.

'Even though the other monsters are made purely of the magic, the corrupted are still part human, why can't people get that'

The apple she had taken for herself was sweet, even in the second and third bites she appreciated its taste.

As her mind drifted while staring at the road ahead of her, she recalled the last time a meeting like this happened and the collective chaos that ensued when the six of them were together. To say they were an interesting bunch of characters was an understatement.

While she found comfort in friendship with two of them, they bonded over keeping the other three in check. Not to say that they couldn't cause any chaos if they wanted to.

She's brought out of thought by the reflection of crystals directly in her eyes.

As she squinted her eyes shut 'okay then, I guess we're almost there'

She could already picture the yelling happening when she gets there, because one of them always just had to pick a fight with each other.

She looked again at her surroundings and marveled at the sight.

Possibly the only thing prettier than the sky on a clear night was Todorokis Kingdom.

Hey there! Okay for starters, I'm making character changes to one of them because it just fits the dynamic better. More importantly, I imagine todorokis kingdom to be similar to the Zora domain to be honest if you don't know what I mean by the crystals.
I know I've said this in like every A/u but omg guys, twenty of you have actually read this and I find that insane!
Thank you so much and I hope you're enjoying it so far!
For the question, if you've ever had boba tea, what's your favorite type, it's a tie between brown sugar and strawberry for me. If you've never had it before what's your favorite drink?
That's all from me for today, have a good morning, day, and night!