Chapter 34: Heir to the Lunatic Alpha

Kuroo fixed his red alpha eyes on Iwaizumi. The Commander seemed remorseful, his glassy eyes over Oikawa's corpse, betraying the guilt that seemed to eat away at him from the inside. But it was late, and Kuroo didn't care if he regretted it, because there was no way to bring Oikawa back. Iwaizumi had killed him without thinking twice, so Kuroo was furious, filled with hatred, resentment and desire for revenge despite the fact that all his life he had despised it after his father was nicknamed the Lunatic Alpha upon losing his mind for avenging his omega. But now... Now to Kuroo all that moralistic bullshit of justice and revenge seemed stupid. Because Oikawa had died in his arms, and he wasn't willing to let it go as if nothing had happened.

He laid the corpse gently on the ground before standing very slowly, cracking the knuckles of his claws and gnashing his teeth. He took a step forward as Iwaizumi took a step back with a terrified expression. Kuroo knew that his face showed nothing but a deranged image, a reflection of how he felt inside: lonely, angry, hapless. Tears fell from his eyes one after another in silence, the deeply furrowed brows giving his furious appearance a crazed tinge.

"The heir to the Lunatic Alpha," Iwaizumi whispered, his voice shaking with fear.

The still-alive hunters, no more than 110 or 120, lined up next to Iwaizumi. They all seemed as terrified as the Commander, and Kuroo knew it was because they had heard about his father or had even been in the barracks facing him almost 9 years ago. And now they were about to have a similar, if not even worse, experience.

With his true alpha power regained, and fueled by rage at having lost Oikawa in front of his eyes, Kuroo went insane. He roared in his alpha voice, a kind of howl very different from the one of a few minutes ago; this one was full of bloodlust. He raised his claws as he leaped forward. The hunters fired, and although some bullets struck him in his outstretched arms and legs, the pain was so small, so tiny compared to the pain of having lost the love of his life that he hardly felt it. He brandished his claws and slit the throats of 5 hunters at once. They fell to the ground immediately, drowning in their own blood, blood that also splashed onto Kuroo as he attacked again with teeth and claws. The hunters screamed in terror, fired again, but Kuroo received no stimulus from outside. Only his withered and sad heart dictated the orders, and he didn't hesitate to carry them out. He launched himself against the hunters again with the aim of facing Iwaizumi, but the Commander had several hunters in front of him, protecting him as if he were the queen in a colony of bees. Kuroo gritted his teeth and attacked again, killing 3 more hunters in one hit. The flesh cracked under his claws, the blood ran down his arms like rivers, the terrified and pained screams of the hunters a second before they died made up the gloomy symphony of death that he himself was in charge of sentencing.

Kuroo attacked and killed hunters like he had never done before. He heard screams, not only from the hunters but also from the lycanthropes. He thought he heard Bokuto's voice, Sakusa's, Terushima's and Ushijima's, but they sounded so far away from him that he didn't understand what they were saying. He felt several pairs of hands trying to grab him, maybe even stop him, but a second later Kuroo broke away from the attempt to grab him and continued killing uncontrollably, pushing his way to get to Iwaizumi. The bodies fell around him, the force of his blows was such that whoever approached him would end up dead even if they weren't the target of the attack.

The hunter forces were being reduced to almost 0 only with Kuroo's attacks. He was out of his mind. The hunters were no longer a threat, but that wasn't going to stop Kuroo. He had no mercy nor would he show it. Not anymore. They killed so many werewolves over the centuries that there was no room for forgiveness. At least not from Kuroo's part. And the murder of Oikawa, unjust and undeserved like no other, had been the last straw. So Kuroo killed and murdered back, returning a small part of the pain that he felt inside him at that moment while the tears kept falling from his eyes.