Chapter 15: The Gamma Case

Iwaizumi rose from his chair with a grunt of pain, the reports in one hand and the crutch he still used in the other, holding his weight as he walked down the now it seemed endless corridor. The cuts, scratches, bruises and minor bumps were completely healed, although there were still parts of his body that hurt. The only serious injuries that remained were his broken nose under the bandage and the bullet hole in his leg. They were healing, but much more slowly than minor injuries; they needed more time, and that frustrated Iwaizumi. Even though he was wearing only a light bandage over his face to keep his nasal septum in place, it was still a nuisance. And his leg... It hurt like hell every time he took a step, but that was a good thing, or at least that was what he thought to console himself: it meant that he could now support himself and use his leg a little to move without using both crutches. But sometimes the pain was so intense that he wanted to go back to using two crutches.

"Hey, Suga," he said when he got to the young commander's office, "have you seen Kageyama or someone from his squad?"

"I don't know anything about the rest, but Kageyama went with Akaashi to the shooting range a little while ago," Suga replied without looking up from his papers.

Suga no longer had bandages on his face, now the stitches that joined his skin were visible. Iwaizumi could see that the edges of the four deep scratches caused by the alpha woman's claws were beginning to heal, creating a hard, dark crust that worked its way to re-grow the skin on the forehead, the right eye and cheek, and part of the jaw. His damaged eye was open, but his normally brown iris was now a dull, whitish color, as if a thick layer of fog had reached it. Furthermore, the eyeball was dark red, almost black, due to the spill of blood that had not yet disappeared.

Iwaizumi took a seat across from him and Suga snorted in annoyance, finally looking up from his desk to face him.

"How is your eye going?" Iwaizumi asked.

"I've lost 80% of my vision and it's unrecoverable, I think it's easy to see it," Suga said with a nasty expression.

"Not for you," Iwaizumi said, holding back a laugh.

Suga looked at him disdainfully, his good eye shooting murderous sparks.

"I'm very busy, what do you want?"

"Aren't you going to ask me about my leg?" Or about my nose?" Iwaizumi said amused, ignoring Suga's question.

"No. I don't give a shit, Iwaizumi."

"As nice as ever," he teased with a shrug.

Suga shot him a murderous look and looked down at the papers in front of him again, although one of his eyes couldn't almost read the tiny handwriting on the page. Iwaizumi dropped the reports on the desk, on top of the ones Suga was reading, but Suga just pushed them away without even looking at them.

"The reports with the wounded and the dead of the battle, both hunters and lycanthropes. There is also the update of the locations of the packs of Oikawa and Kuroo. We've already set their bases on fire, but we've also lost track of them. In the report..."

"Why are you giving it to me?" Suga interrupted him, finally dropping the pen on the desk and leaning back in the chair with his arms crossed. "Are you coming to bother me to tell me this shit?"

"I figured you wanted to see it," Iwaizumi said raising an eyebrow. The movement of the muscles made his frown and the bridge of his nose tighten and hurt, so he quickly relaxed the gesture.

"Well, you were wrong," Suga spat cheekily. "File them. The paperwork is not for me, I'm solely dedicated to killing beasts."

"You're writing something right now, you're doing "paperwork" that you say you don't do," Iwaizumi said.