Chapter 13

That day later at night:

Shehnaaz was watching TV in her room because Sidharth was busy on his phone dealing with some "important business"

But she could care less because she was watching her favorite show "Broken but Beautiful 3"

Agastya was her favorite and she was waiting for the season to air so that she can binge watch it.
And what better time when she did not have to visit the hospital and Sidharth was also busy.

She was so engrossed in watching the show that she did not even realize when Sidharth finished his work and came and sat on the bed.

Sidharth saw his baby engrossed in the TV and not paying attention to him so he sat on the bed and pulled her in his lap.

Shehnaaz squealed on this and looked at him with a baby frown

Shehnaaz: yaar mera favorite show chal raha hai.. kyu disturb kar raha hai.. let me concentrate.

Sidharth: par dekh kya rahi hai? Naam toh bata

Shehnaaz: Broken but Beautiful.. season 3.. now hush !

Saying she turned her face towards the TV.. but made no efforts to get down from his lap.
It is her favorite place to sit..
Sidharth chuckled at his baby but nevertheless did not "disturb" her again and instead started watching it with her.

After sometime he could not take it more so he spoke

Sidharth: mereko 1 baat bata.. Rumi loves that Ishaan guy but is dating Agastya? Kyu?

Shehnaaz frowned and spoke

Shehnaaz: it's complicated.. you will not understand

Sidharth: and tujhe samajhta hai? How?

He asked raising his 1 eyebrow

Shehnaaz looked at him sheepishly and spoke

Shehnaaz: because maine yeh season 1st episode se dekha hai.. not because I have been in that situation

Sidharth chuckled on her "explanation" and kissed her temple.

Sidharth: lets sleep.. dont strain your eyes more.

Shehnaaz knew this was not a request and she knew better not to argue.

So she switched off the TV and laid down on her bed.
Sidharth switched off the night lamp and pulled her close in his embrace
------------------------------------
Next morning at the breakfast table:

Everyone was having their breakfast peacefully.. surprisingly even Maya was at her best behavior.. no snarky comments.. no disgusting facial expressions.. no scoffs.. no rolling of eyes..

Sidharth was glad about that.. not that he cared about her but killing her in front of the family would be too much..

Even today Ali had made Shehnaaz's breakfast.. this is what Shehnaaz thought
But in reality it was her mother who had prepared all the things.
Ali was just in the kitchen helping them with her taste.
Roma Gill wanted to know her daughter and Ali was just the correct way
------------------------------------
After the breakfast was done.. Roma Gill and Deepali Gill went to the kitchen to wrap up the things and Maya went to escort Inder Gill and Kalyani Gill to their room.

As soon as they left Vikram Gill spoke

Vikram: Sidharth can we have a talk?

Sidharth who was about to leave stopped and looked at him

Sidharth: yes?

Vikram: not here.. let's go to my office..

Sidharth looked at Ali and he blinked his eyes in assurance.