Chapter 9

Everyone was looking at Shehnaaz with pleading eyes.. sending a silent plea to accept them as her family..
But it seemed like Shehnaaz had turned blind on their emotions

Kalyani Gill could see the emotions behind her cold eyes.. she could see the sadness.. the pain in her eyes which was masking her cold demeanor
Her heart was breaking seeing her Sanu hiding her emotions from her own family.
This made her decision more strong to bring the truth in front of everyone.

Roma: please bacha.. please don't do this to us

Shehnaaz looked at her and shook her head in disbelief
She did not understand what was she pleading for?
Heck even Roma Gill did not know what she she pleading her for

Shehnaaz: kis baat ke liye aap please bol rahi hai Mrs Gill?

Roma Gill shook her head negatively.. she did not address her as her mother..
She just wanted to hear "mumma" from her daughter's mouth.. but it seems her daughter no longer considers her as her mother.
Tears were freely falling from her eyes..
But Shehnaaz remained unfazed with all the emotions.
Like they remained unfazed with her emotions 15 years ago.

Kalyani: meri bachi ne jo kaha waisa hi hoga..

She looked at the maid and spoke

Kalyani: humare floor wale dono guest room ready karao and outhouse saaf karao.

The maids nodded and left to their work

Kalyani: tab tak aja bacha baith mere sath.

Shehnaaz nodded and they all settled on the sofas

The entire family was on the peak of their emotions right now.
Roma and Deepali Gill could not stop her tears whereas the men of the house were trying very hard to stop their tears from falling.

Shehnaaz looked at Ali and nodded.
Ali then looked at his men and asked them to take their positions.. the Queen's safety was their responsibility and they will fulfill it at any cost.
All the men dispersed and Ali sat on the seat left which was next to the Gill brothers.

Shehnaaz was seating in between her Daadu and Daadi..
She kept her head on her Daadu's shoulders and closed her eyes.. Kalyani Gill kept patting her head.

Everyone kept looking at eachother.. there were a lot of questions in their head..
Like where she was all these years? Who were these men? Was were they addressing her as the Queen? Why was her safety so important?
But seeing her behavior one thing was clear that they no more had any right to ask her any questions.
So they all looked at Kalyani Gill and urged her to speak to her.

Kalyani: Sanu puttar

Shehnaaz opened her eyes hearing her and turned her face towards her.

Shehnaaz: ji?

Kalyani: woh.. umm..

Shehnaaz: boliye Daadi?

Kalyani: woh Vihaan ne tere school phone kara tha.. school wale toh bol rahe they ke tu waha nahi thi.. toh bache tu itne saal kaha thi?

Shehnaaz closed her eyes on hearing this.. she knew that she will have to answer it someday.. though her family did not deserve to know anything but she cannot deny her grandparents from worrying about her.

She looked at her Daadi and spoke

Shehnaaz: mai apne pariwar ke sath thi Daadi.. aap fikar na kare..

Her Daadi sighed in relief but her "family" was breaking bit by bit with her every answer..

Kalyani: konsa pariwar bache? Tera paiwar toh yaha hai na? Fir?