~ you are hurting my feelings ~

Start from the beginning

Shaking my head, my fingers twiddle with the holes in my jeans, "No. You are rich. Chicks love a man who is rich."

David snorts, "Is that why Aaron's with you? You make more than me now and I am a millionaire." His eyes grew serious towards the end of his sentence, proudness seeping into the words.

A small smile graces my lips as I lower my legs, "He uh- David how do you know when you love someone?" I lean forwards slightly.

The man's face grows serious as he profiled me. "You are in love with him Dani, it's written all over your face." He reassures me, eyes kind.

I force a smile, "Do I? I care for him deeply and I hold him dearly to my heart but I've never loved before David. Never. At least not romantically. I've never had a healthy relationship and Aaron and I had finally gotten to a point were I felt like just maybe he would be the one and then-" I swallow thickly, memories of our demise flashing through my head, "And then I found out- I had just barely started to believe that he loved me and then it was a punch to gut. And I still don't what was real. I don't know if he truly loved me. Or if maybe... And if he did, if he does, how do I know that what I feel for him will ever be as strong as what he does for me?"

Again, an easy smile falls onto his face, eyes almost glossy, "Love isn't about who can show it more Danielle. It's about trust and care and everything you feel for him. Everyone feels love differently, shows it differently, you love Aaron, it's clear to everyone. You are the only one that doubts yourself." He pauses, making sure he had my full attention, "Your feelings are valid Francesca. Trust them. You know in your heart you love him. Find out what that means for you. But love doesn't have a time requirement." He nods towards the door, "And Aaron? He knows you love him. He's been a profiler longer than you."

I sigh deeply, running a hand through my hair, "So do I tell him I love him?"

Rossi nods, "Only if you feel the time is right. Only when you are sure for yourself and not for anyone." I nod slowly.

If what I felt for Aaron was love, then why was is so utterly hard to even begin to fathom saying it to his face? In fact the very thought of uttering those three words out was terrifying.

It had almost slipped once. I didn't go on the case because Jessica was out of town and Jack needed someone to stay with him. I agreed I'd help from home if need be. But when Aaron came home, he was out of hand.

"Sshhh sorry sorry. Oh lord..." He chuckles, toppling over the table that he threw his keys on moments before. I was holding a blanket around my shoulders because the furnace had broke and I hadn't had a clue as to how to fix. I was hoping Aaron could take a look.

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you... when did you land? Aaron are you drunk?" I question, eyes wide as he nods, slamming the door behind him.

"Yes." He admits, walking towards me. I take calculated steps backward and lower myself onto the couch.

Nodding, I wrap the blanket tighter around me, "I know the case was rough, do want to talk about it?"

He just stares at me, "Why is the house so cold?" He asks, walking towards the thermostat by the front closet.

I sigh, "The furnace seems to not be working. I- I tried to check it out but I hadn't a clue as to what I was doing. I wanted to call you but I figured you could fix it when you got back." I explained, watching his brows furrow.

Aaron made a sound that closely resembled a growl, "Fuck!" He shouted. I jumped back heavily but he didn't take notice.

"Aaron Jack's asleep."