𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆. 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥, 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴

⏤ 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥

⏤ 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥

Sneaking back into the penthouse is not as easy as it sounds, particularly since Emerald knows Viktor is probably one of the very few rare gems who never-fucking-sleeps. She doesn't know how he does it, always being up especially with his condition, but she knows better than to question him.

He works hard to provide for the both of them, Emerald's guilt eating at her even deeper than most since she wants nothing more than to just have her head hit the bed. When Emerald moved to Piltover, everything she looked at she realized she could touch— she could have.

With her new clothes, status, and layout of the land, she didn't know how to act and it all overwhelmed her to the point where her headaches had control of the poor girl most of the time. Viktor did not realize how poor Emerald's condition was, since he, as a child, seemed to get more than Emerald could ever dream of.

It took a while, but Viktor realized the girl was into what is now gold. The way it reflected off the light was something in which caused her to not have power⏤ she wasn't like Vi in which craved power...well, in some sense, Vi craved respect.

And vengeance.

Emerald craves a sense of belonging...and she didn't know where she stood. With the Undercity, or with the Topsiders.

It is a battle still ongoing in her poor mind today, and well⏤

"Emerald, where have you been?!"

Emerald turns around slowly, chuckling nervously as Viktor takes his hand to look to Emerald's face, making sure the girl was okay and all well.

"I was with Vi."

"You're late. Please, we spoke about this. I do not mind you heading to the Undercity, but please be home at a reasonable hour."

Emerald looks to the wall, "I had a headache, Vander helped and I slept it off. I didn't mean to sleep so late over there. I'm sorry."

Viktor sighs, taking a deep breath as he hugs Emerald, "I just worry." Emerald hugs her big brother tightly, snugging into his chest as Viktor chuckles. Emerald comes to the conclusion he has been on his feet for too long and has him sit down, placing his cane beside him.

"I am not crippled to that extent yet," Viktor points out as Emerald takes her seat on the edge of his desk, her legs dangling.

"I know. I just worry. I wonder where I get it from." They both chuckle lightly at her joke, the silence looming over them. Emerald hated lying to Viktor, but she knew if she was to spill...

"So," Emerald states, "what did I miss?"

That doesn't mean the girl isn't curious.

Viktor sighs, "some from the Undercity broke into a penthouse this afternoon. The room was laced with equipment in which had no permits to allow the holder to possess of them in the first place. His trial is tomorrow."