Final: Smiled

Another call from her happened.

The temperature seemed to dropped down a little as I was crossing every streets I crossed and perusing stores I can think of going in and look for good presents to give them. While I was fixing my scarf and jacket, the phone vibrated millisecond but died immediately.

Now, I can now see the Tower Bridge peeking; the clouds behind it seem to be darkening. My stomach turned glacia as I survey the missed call. Seriously, what's happening and she kept denying the call to continue to ring?

My search for presents halted as soon as I enter the left pavement of the bridge. I was humming London Bridge is falling down when it ringed again; this time it stayed and waited for me to answer.

Stopping from tracks, I settle myself on the side, put my arms on the barrier and look at the long river and plethora of buildings and establishments together with people doing their own businesses today. Before I answer, Savier sent me another message but it's on my ear already.

"Hello?" I began, inhaling the frolic air around. "Still in London, hindi pa ako umuuwi. Pupunta ako." sabay tawa.

I expected to hear hers but turned out different; a small but husky chuckled penetrated my ears and my heart sank down. Did I just... no. It's impossible he's with... But how is that impossible, Louie? He can be with them! Didn't they left the country together? And they're friends? He can be with them to celebrate the anniversary today!

No matter how I try not to raise my hopes high, it didn't need to: Ron's really the one calling me and the one who laughed.

"Hello." he replied. "London? Have you visited Buckingham already? Such a waste if you wouldn't."

"L-leo?" oh, God, if you're kidding me now... it's not funny. "Is that you?"

He took a moment to answer.

"Kumusta, Louie? Long time... no talk, eh?"

Hindi ko alam kung san ako mas napatalon at natakot na baka mabitawan ko ang phone at mahulog: is it because for the first time, he called me again or is it that underneath his second phrase... he's expounding out directly he doesn't want to see me anymore?

"G-god..." I broke down, I try to catch my tears but held my other hand instead. One wrong move, I'll lose chance to talk to him again. "I-is this real? You're really... is this you, Ron?"

I can see him nodding; his deep eyes and lips so red...

"I'm sorry." a silence followed before that but we happened to say the same words together. We laughed, as if there's no heavy weight behind us. All because of me. "You first, Louie."

"No. Ikaw muna. Ikaw naunang nagsalita," sabay tawa.

"Sure ka?" even his tone sounded so fake as mine.

"Yeah. Yeah, yes!" I exclaimed. "But can we talk... with video?"

Handa naman ako, eh. Handa naman ako kung hindi siya papayag. Alam ko na hindi na niya gugustuhin pang makita ako alinsunod sa utos ko sa kaniyang huwag na akong hanapin pa but he agreed. Immediately.

Mas lalong bumagsak ang luha ko nang makita ang kaniyang mukha. He looks so... healthy. Really. He now has built and buff to his face and even his camera focused to his face, his now broad shoulder is peeking. I turned mine on too.

"Are you outside?" he asked. "Oh, Louie, maraming nangunguha minsan diyan. Why are you even outside?"

"You looked okay." I replied, ignoring his worries to where I am. Baka kapag naghanap ako ng magandang puwesto, wala na siya. "And I'm glad."