3: you can't hide everything

"Second time seeing that nice car outside," said Hux as he emerged from the living room door.

I look up, seeing him holding two cups with whatever hot drink inside before going back from drawing. "Blue one?"

"Yep. Yours?" inalok niya sa akin 'yung isa at kahit kakatapos ko lang ng pangatlong baso simula nang magstart ako kaning pag-uwi, I accepted it. "Looks familiar, think I've seen it before."

"You clearly said you've seen it twice already," I sai, tilting my head to him and smiling. "Maybe that's why."

But Hux was inexorable. "I think I know someone who owns the same car."

He knows Louie? Oh... yes, of course! He was the one who invited me over to Louie's party! Siyempre kilala niya pero... didn't his girl the one who invited him and he just invited me because she invited his man? Yes.

"People could have the same cars since it's offered to everyone else," I said. "Anyway, what brings you here? No girl matters?"

"None." he smiles. "Just visiting you. Everything all right?"

I put up my laptop and smiled sadly. He reads it but I quickly stopped him, "I'll find one soon."

"You're already graduate in Philippines, why aren't they accepting you?"

"They are. The timing just wasn't right." and I told him about this call I got from a new coffee shop and they called me because they are interested with seeing me again. The next meeting happened earlier but I didn't come. "Yes, I was stupid." I said that makes him groan. What can I do? They just wanted me to greet customers every time they enter the place, the pay is good, but I know deep in me something is up to them kaya hindi na ako tumanggap.

"Will try other establishments tomorrow, Hux," I mumbled. "Besides. this commission is offered with big price. Enough to sustain me for next month."

Hux humbly smiled and just let go of my ditching possible job. "Good to hear."

He stood up, his grey pajamas hugging all over his down and I feel the loose part of my PJs. I was waiting for him to answer pero wala akong narinig and I just listen to him saunter around the living room. The world is stilled outside, just like how it always be since winter starts. Almost done shading the face of this person when he stood in front of my position, behind the glass table. "Ron."

"Hmm?" I didn't look up. How could be a simple structure of some space be intricate to draw? 

"Something troubling you?"

"Ha?"

Lace of worries is evident on his sculpted face. We've both grown our beards and looks like we, too, find it time consuming to shave it again. Those friendly eyes became deeper than ever, "Tell me, mate. I can listen. Sleep seems to come around tomorrow."

Is he asking if I'm alright? Yes, I just couldn't find myself feeling it nowadays. Good thing Hux coughed and pulled me out from thinking about what happened before the play last week. "All good, mate." I said. "Nothing to worry about."

"Any upcoming anniversary?" muntikan na akong matawa dahil akala ko anniversary ng couple ang tinutukoy niya but I halt. "Want me to stay here so you can have company?"

"No," bulong ko. "It's still far... mom and dad's." bumaba ang tingin ko saglit.

"Nothing's wrong, Hux. Really." I said, briskly. "What made you say and think about that?"

Our eyes didn't met again and he paced back and forth, suddenly unable to talk. We've never seen each other that much after what happened that day, that's why I am curious how did he know something is really bothering me. If he's like me, if he's like Aki and I, then maybe I would tell him. But no...