2: after you

Although I'm fully aware the winter season here will be taking so long before it changes, somehow, I wish there's some way to alter it since I couldn't make myself get used to the cold of the country, not to mention my jackets or any clothes I'm holding into is giving up already. If they only had feet of their own, they will, too, leave me alone.

That's why I accepted one of the offers offered to me when a huge play competition took place in the university. We're not asked to join but if we wanted, we can still join. However, due to we have so many projects to work into, hindi na talaga sila sumali.

"I'm expecting it to be on my desk two days from now. Class dismissed."

Luckily, our last professor for today is not looking at the class the whole time and I managed to packed my things without having the fear to get caught. He detests every students who are eager to go home since according to him, it is a slap for him, like telling himd face to face they wanted to just leave and never listen and learn to his. The moment he left the room, I quickly stood and start to run but Finn caught my hand, Will stood by the doorway and some of my classmates are bombarding me already with questions.

"What's with the hurry, Ron?" said Finn.

I clasp my strap tighter from my shoulder, "I have something to attend right away."

"This is our last class!" said Will briskly. "And oh, maybe lying, then? You know there's gonna be a party later? Trying to turn us down again, eh?"

Seriously, beads of sweat is already on my face. "I'm sorry. I have no idea. Really, I need to go so I can finish this projects of ours this night."

"Where you going?" said one classmate. "Date?"

"Date, huh?" they laughed. "It's not a surprise, Ron, perhaps if you are a vampire, surely you'll swoon even our girls."

"No. No, it's not really that. I'm broke and can't satisfy anyone as of the moment."

"You're telling we are just getting used because we have money?"

"Please. Let me through. Promise, I'll come next time. Mark my word, really need to hurry." I beg.

Thankfully, Finn bought what I said and perhaps saw through my desperate will to leave immediately and let me through. I salute at them and had a relieved sigh when they guffawed at my action, meaning I didn't really offend them.

The sun was never out today but the sky is still blue amidst the white thick clouds. The university is still covered with white snow but some parts have melted that when I crossed it, almost slipped the shit out of me. Just in time to be where I am.

The Widen Hall of Carson.

It's an open hall of the school, it's only open if the weather's right, painted originally in the color themes of Carson, the hall is squared in walls but the roof is half-moon shaped. From here, I can hear certain noises of the play practice and I quickly went inside after dusting off the snow from my boots

"Just in time, Georgy-georgy!" a woman, who I was surprised to see behind the door, yanks her thin ang shivering arms on my arm holding the laptop.

Her pigtails is really reminding me of some character I watched from a horror movie before. Almost just reaching my shoulder, her voice is so thin and high that I always think she fixed it with computer only if she wasn't that nice to offer me a temporary job in her own very play.

When we reached the stage, I noticed the actors are having table read but on the cold floor. Vanka, her name, removes her arm and face me. Vanka has this small toad-like face, huge black eye pupils and thin lips. Never mind her nose. I don't want to be sound bully.