6: ex

This summer is the first time since I arrived here. Every road is clear and sometimes heavy, trees are grown back to being tall and beauty, every people I see in the streets, students in my school, or just normal passerby that I once seen every time I cross an unfamiliar road from looking around are all clad in thin fabric, their hair; if not boys with accustomed short hair, women in tight bun and children are more having fun than the last winter.

Every family in my neighborhood are already leaving as some schools of their kids started vacation already. One time, a father of a family few yards away from me offered a homemade barbeque meat to me as he noticed I'm all alone. That's the first time aside from Hux's family to approach me since I came here and I'm starting to regret I have no time myself to go around and greet each people around and live like them. I still said my thank you to him and wish them luck whenever they are going to.

Hux, on the other hand, almost like a new person to me. There are just kind of times where you'll lose connection to one another because it is one of symptoms of adulthood. He became too busy to his work and to whatever he's working on we barely meet. Though sometime his mother still checking me, but it's just once a month since they, too, are always out of their house.

When we finally meet again, the first thing he noticed is how well I'm adjusted to the country. "It was never hard, Hux. It's just me the one making it difficult." I sometime said. We've meet some times again until he personally asked to go with him at some celebration party.

"Is it your birthday already?" I asked almost a week ago; two weeks before the actual vacation I have from school. "Beat me, I have nothing to give you yet!"

Hux has grown his hair longer than the first time I've seen him; his skin are not that anymore porcelain but that tone suits him well. And maybe if I have the same job as him, my body would probably emulate his.

"Not yet, mate!" he laughs. "Girlfriend's birthday! Celebrating somewhere out of the county, you will come. She specifically invites you."

"Oh, when? I don't think I have that much time to be outside."

Our lawn started to become a pigsty than ever. My father usually stating how my auntie is so immaculate and strict to her belongings, especially the garden. I guess I'll have a long list of catch up to my life this vacation.

"Do it tomorrow instead! Promise, we'll never leave you again!"

"I don't know... but I will... will really try my best to come." the meat is quite burning already so he took a guard there. "And does she mind if I have nothing in hands that day?"

"Don't bother, mate. Your existence is way preferable and will you hand me the sauce? I think I put a few ago."

The time where he needs to be away again is also the time Louie arrives at my house. I just finished stacking back the griller to the basement at the back when I saw his car pulled up in front. "Hello! I smell grill smoke, you cooked?"

Before I could answer him after I asked him to come inside, my phone beamed in the living room. My face is having a long smile as I read Ailee's text when Louie's hot mist made my hairs behind the neck all stood up.

"Maybe you can answer that later," what more is that he made my hand down back to the counter and turned his back, jaw clenched.

The summer season is not the only thing that has changed since I arrived here at Canada. Aside from my relatives who left me too, people I meet and became friends with, our relationship to each other, especially Louie, is also another thing that has changed.

I was too preoccupied with Ailee I forgot I felt solemn for the sudden change of personality and attitude of Louie after he met that girl in the store. The thought slipped off of my mind as I watch Ailee's soft dances that it didn't flash to my eyes immediately Louie is gone back to his usual self. That scene where Louie catches me going out from the gymnasium and being silent as I try to reminisce my times with Ailee and the exact moment he cried again in front of me, in the second floor, asked me not to push him away...