chapter four

"... and that's one super duper wuper extra special cheesy smeezy pizza for you!"

"I don't recall our menu being that ridiculous."

Luckily, (Y/N) had already set the food and drinks down onto the table before hugging the empty tray to her chest, squeaking in surprise. She didn't want to have freezing cola down her pants and scalding slices stuck to her clothes. Her counterpart, on the other hand, probably did, evident with those relaxed eyes yet sharp grin. Now, why the Hell was he here?

"What can I do for you, Mr Afton?" She seethed, plastering a fake smile on her face. The customers she'd just served were intently watching their interaction, and she wouldn't put it past her employer to fire her on her first day for showing disrespect.

"We're leaving, dear."

"What?"

William frowned at her, and she remembered that repeating himself was a criminal offense.

"Why are we leaving?" She clarified, moving the circular tray from her chest to press into her thighs.

"I'm not answerable to you."

(Y/N) gave him a look.

"My, what enduring eyes you have, darling." William commented with a short laugh, winking at the nosey onlookers, placing his large hands on her stiff shoulders and steering her away. He grumbled something incoherent after, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize he had just put on an act to slide himself, and her, out of their stares. She didn't know why she let him do that, but the compliment– could it even be called one?– was encompassing all her thoughts. Damn him and his sweet tongue. He knew exactly what he was doing, and she had fell right into his trap.

"Can you at least tell me where you're abducting me to?"

"Mm, where's the fun in that? Don't worry your pretty little head, love."

"Stop–STOP it with that..." (Y/N) trailed off, coughing into her hand when bystanders shot her glances at her outburst. She hastily stripped her apron off, plating it onto the metallic tray and tossing it into the kitchen just when they had passed by it – much like one would a frisbee. She winced at the clang, yelling out an apology. The two were moving too fast, she couldn't keep up anymore, defenseless to the brunette's remarkably stubborn antics. One moment they were in the pizzeria, the next, they were in the carpark, headed for Afton's car, she presumed.

"Damaging my property, are we, dear?"

"I'll damage a lot more if you don't tell me where we're—"

"Shame." William abruptly stopped in front of his car, sighing so deeply (Y/N) could feel his breath on her neck. She shivered. He let go of her shoulders, stepping in front of her, dissapointment written all over his face. "Do you know the way home, darling? Would you rather I inconvenience myself with two trips? It's forecasted to rain today... it'd be highly ill-mannered of me to let you walk home through such warnings. What if there's no ride available after mines? Have I failed as a chauffeur, my lady?"

"Quit tryna pull a Henry." The woman deadpanned, causing her counterpart to cackle in response. Of course he'd do something as humourlessly low as that. Hands on her hips, she continued, "Can I have the simple answer, now?"

"This is the time to pick up the kids. I figured since you were staying at my house, you'd abide by my schedule, too. Am I wrong? Would you prefer to resume your shif—"

"Nope!" She quickly replied, hopping into the passenger seat. William furrowed his eyebrows, glaring daggers at her from outside of the car, through the windshield. If he could tease her, then who was she to not return the favor? He was so prissy about getting cut-off, and even though she had no habit as such, the (H/C)-ette mentally noted to keep doing it. Just for the fun of seeing his cunning smirks fade into pursed lips. After an agonizing minute, he sat in the driver's seat, slamming the door shut, the frown still etched on his face.