Chapter 3

'Beep..'

'Beep..'

'Beep..'

'Beep..'

The dredding echo that filled the silenced air of our town, all coming from the entrance of the town hall. As we were all being counted. Like farmers cattle. Signing us all into the market.

It had been announced early this morning at sunrise, the town hall would hold a meeting. Work would be postponed until further notice. I didn't even need a gut feeling to know the Alpha from last night's encounter was behind this meeting.

It was a situation of listening to someone telling us how to do our job better. How to become a better, submissive society. The possiblity of even new rules. These ignite riots, they ignite more death.

"Name and age." The guard said in a dry tone. They made no effort for eye contact but the only at the screen they held in their hand.

"Avril Bry. Nineteen."

"Row H, Seat 20." I was told vaguely.

The open door of the town hall was an oasis of silence. I held my bottom lip between my top teeth as I made my way through the rows.

Guards watched with careful eyes, one wrong step and their batons that their hands rested on would be swinging my way in the matter of seconds.

I hadn't even noticed I had stopped myself from breathing as I entered the tensioned air. People sat in rows, Men on the right, women on the left. There wasn't an amused face amongst the crowd.

As I found my seat, the cold metal
chair dug uncomfortable into the back of my spine. A breath of relief passed through my lips once I let my bottom lip go. Although their was nothing to be relieved about.

As everyone had taken their seat. There was a drop in the atmosphere as our 'special guests' were introduced. The world tuned out, I had fallen deaf to their words.

'"I CANT LEAVE HER! SHE IS JUST A CHILD!" She sobbed. Her voice echoed the walls of the town hall. They forcefully pushed her to the ground.

"LET GO OF HER!" He shouted from the other side of the hall. "Let me fucking go!" He battled against the guards. The hall was filled with grunts and sorrow cries. He was also forcefully pushed to the ground. "Ave! We love you." Was the last thing that left his mouth, before silence grew once again over the hall.

"As one of our many expections is mandatory amongst the human society. To prevent out break, We would all like you to remain seated." The Alphas voice from yesterday echoed the town hall. "If everyone stays calm there will be no need for repercussions to be introduced. We wish you the best of luck, to finding your potential mate." His final words echoed through the room. There was claps and cheers but not from us. A paling moment of realisation, two words that could bring me back to reality. 'Potential mate'. It brought me back to reality. Blinking twice, I wiped underneath my eyes quickly.

The Alphas speech had brought back something I had wished to forget. I could only pray to be lucky enough to escape the hall. I had no one I was 'destined' to be with. As destiny is not real. If destiny was real I would be destined to be alone.

Not in my eyes, this was just a hoax. A way of making us human baby machines. Building their empire. There was no way one of those mutts could love a human. There was no such things as sparks they talk about. It was some sort of effect to trick our minds. They just couldn't. Not with all the terror they bring to humans.

It made me sick seeing the Alpha stare down at his kind with a pround grin. His 'mate' stood by his side. Her smile reached eye to eye. Her younger skin gave away her non-human traits. Her blonde hair had been neatly brushed back, the summer dress she wore looked like it had been hand made carefully.

Drifting my attention to the seated crowd. I peeled out for any sight of familiar faces. Across the hall the blond headed boy caught my attention as he stood up. A well dressed male stood infront of him. A grin ear to ear on his face.

Silas looked in love. They haven't even been with each other a minute. I watched as he glanced around the crowd as if also searching for someone.

His searching gaze caught my disappointing look. Looking away, I didn't want to hold the gaze anymore. He knew my opinion and I would stand by it.

As I looked back to him, he was still staring at me until finally taking the mutts hand. Walking happily out of the hall.

I found myself looking towards my lap. I wasn't surprised by Silas choice, we had discussed it before. I could never see his point, but the only reason I could make up for Silas being this way was because maybe he never knew the feeling of loosing someone to them.

I kept my head low, one of us had to get out of this alive. My body tensed as people would scream and cry as they were pulled from their family's.

My muscles ached and my heart was beating with anticipation. I knew they were getting closer but I just needed them to walk past my line.

"Mate."

A word which had casted my attention to the end of the row, A young man stood there not looking at anyone specifically. But he had found his prey.

Putting my head back down, I didn't want to give any sort of idea that I would be some 'ideal mate'.

The contact of warm fingers against my cold skin, slowly lifted my chin up.

I was met with the green eyes, blonging to the mutt that stood infront of me. Slowly I stood up. It was like a pause in time as any who dared to stare, watched me.

Past the green eyes was the gaze of Denzel. With a firm nod of his head. It was a sign this was okay.

"Your so beau_"

Before he could finish, I kneed him right in his manhood. Quick reflexes my ass.

I didn't think about it twice before running the other direction down the row. An exit, me and Denzel had come upon it one of the days. It was our plan. If we ever got chosen, it was okay to run.

We both sweared to not go without fighting. And if either of us ever fell in love with one of them, we promised each other to kill one another. Because it was betrayal.

The adrenaline ran through my blood as I tried to push myself against the stamina of the guards. All the shouting had gone deaf to my ears. The plan was slowly falling apart as I realised how far away I really was.

The air was rushed out of my lungs as my body made contact with the cold concrete floor. Someone's knee rested on my back. Their crawlers holding my hands back.

I struggled against their strength.

A pair of black boots came into vision, as they crouched down. A coldness was felt on my neck as they moved my hair.

"It will be okay dear."

Was the last thing I heard before there was a pinch in my neck and I was drifted into a world of darkness...

There you go Chapter 3,

Surprise another update! This one will be the last, until then the next update is Wednesday! What did we think of this Chapter? I hope you enjoyed.

Thank you for reading, Dont forget to vote and comment...

(Edited)