Chapter 4: Rebound

Start bij het begin

"How can they be married for 6 years and not even have a slight chance of being caught?" He suddenly asked.

"Both of them are good at it, they're a professional secret agent for a reason" I answered him.

"Well I guess it's too bad that the one you married was practically a person you least thought they would" I looked at him confused, he saw me frowning and let out a chuckle.

"Being in the same career with the one you married is bad for business, two professional killers living under the same roof? It's like both of them are spying their own company"

"Have you?" I asked out of nowhere. "Fell in love with someone with the same career?" He paused and stared at me.

"Yes.... but that was a long time ago" He answered.

"Who?"

"Lets stop there, that's too much information" He took the glass of orange juice he placed on his table while we're watching.

"Okay then, I won't ask again" I turn my head on the tv watching the married smith killing each other.

"How about you, how did you end up broken-hearted on the bar" he asked me instead.

"Hmm," "I started dating this guy back when we are college," "he's uhm... I met him when he was broken hearted when Nabi — the girl of his dream, rejected him" I paused.

"He one of the few people who encouraged me to show my true beauty to the world other than those baggy clothes and my plain self entirely... He made me anew that's why I fell in love with him". "At first it was so good, our budding friendship I mean". "Until He asked me to be his girlfriend and help him forget about Nabi"

"I don't understand, you became his rebound?" I nod my head multiple times

"And you agreed?!" I nod again.

"Hey, our relationship is far from perfect but what we shared is true love..." I know he loved Nabi before we even started dating, we might have had a lot of arguments because of that woman, but we make-up and our love grew to a stronger relationship.

I would probably be married to him by now and have our beautiful kids in high school only if I didn't die in vain on that street.

"You really believe that's true love?" He questioned me.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked him back.

"Listen, he was rejected by that woman" "He dated you to forget that shit but seeing now that they're dating.." "That dickhead is just using you to get that girl" "He wasn't serious at all with you blinded by the fact that he's giving you butterflies but it wasn't at all"

"Don't tell me he's been seeing that girl behind your back before and almost fucked up your relationship multiple times arguing over that woman?" I went silent and every memory we had went back to my mind got wild and crazy.

"He did, didn't he?" "Fucking asshole, you're in love but he wasn't serious to you at all he just used you, fucking shit" He cursed, as soon as he saw me in silent.

Hanbin really didn't love me at all?

It could be, wasn't?

What else could it be when he ditched our first anniversary together before, reason? Nabi was sick and I forgave him since he gave me a cooky stuff toy as an apology gift.

And that time I was the one sick, he said he was busy with his blueprints and we argued over that because I saw a close friend's stories on IG before that he was with his friends on a bar with that girl too with them.