|| 51 ||

𝟘𝟟𝕩𝟘𝟜

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

It was already too dark when Mark and Natalie got back home from the hospital. They both had a tiring day, like always, but at the end of their shift Mark had a surprise for Natalie. "I can't believe you bought me a ring." She shook her head as she got out of the car. It was only minutes ago that Mark appeared a small velvet box in front of her. 

"I may have missed the chance to ask the question, but I wanted to give you this as a promise that I will love, respect and protect you for the rest of my life. I want you to have a piece of me with you, always." He told her and Natalie couldn't even think about rejecting the ring. She never wanted to take it out.

"That doesn't change the fact that I asked the question. Derek is going to make fun of you for the rest of your life." Natalie continued as she unlocked the door. The ring in her finger shining.

Mark slid his hands on her waist and whispered to her ear as they walked inside the house. "I may know some ways to make you keep this a secret."

In the kitchen the teenager was there and she looked up at them when she heard the door. She made a disgusted face when she saw them a little too close and decided to announce herself before she'd see anything she didn't want to. "Kid in the house, don't scar me for life, please."

Both adults pulled away from each other and looked at Amber with an apologetic look. But then Natalie was confused, because it was Saturday and on Saturdays Amber was out since the previous night usually, sleeping over to her friends' houses. "Amber? What are you doing here?" Natalie asked.

"I'm sorry, was I not supposed to be at my house?" Amber rolled her eyes.

"I swear, you two are the same." Mark commented as he grabbed a glass and poured some tab water on it.

"It's Saturday, I don't remember the last Saturday you spend at home." Natalie said, deciding to ignore the remark.

"I decided that I should pick a wedding dress for you." Amber informed her and pointed the magazine on her hands, making sure that Mark wouldn't see. "I found this gold, boho one and I think you'll look great with it."

"Amber..."

"Let me see." Mark tried to take a peek, but Amber closed the magazine quickly.

"No, if none of you is going to keep the traditions, I will." She argued. "I also found this perfect place, it's by a lake and it's going to be so romantic."