She sighed and faced the man, "Listen. I hate saying this kind of stuff, especially to you, but I think I need to say it."

Derek focused on the girl as she continued, "You might be one of the most arrogant, pompous, stuck-up asses I know. But, you're letting me stay here for free and I'm grateful for it."

Derek stayed silent for a moment, "I'm not arrogant, pompous, or stuck-up."

"Oh my god. I literally just said something nice about you and you're focusing on the negatives. Like usual," Sofia rolled her eyes and turned to walk away.

Derek grabbed her arm and roughly spun her back around. "I just think it's funny that you can't even compliment me without adding false insults," he said in a condescending tone.

"False insults?!" Sofia raised her voice, "Have you met yourself? You're the most infuriating jackass on the planet!"

Derek stepped closer to the girl angrily, "What did you just say?"

"You're a jackass!"

The two stubborn adults were standing toe to toe at this point. Both breathing heavily and very aware of the other. Sofia quickly darted her eyes down to Derek's lips and back up, only to notice him mirroring her actions.

Sofia wasn't sure who moved first, but the next thing she knew, they were locking lips. Sofia's arms reached around his neck with a tight grip. Derek's own fling around her waist. The kiss was anything but gentle, almost as if they were still arguing.

Derek quickly removed one of his arms and swiped the wooden table clean. He lifted her onto it without breaking the kiss.

Derek began to kiss way down her throat. Sofia arched her neck slightly, letting out a breathy noise. She reached down her body and gripped the end of the tee-shirt, swiftly tugging it up.

The man had paused his actions as she pulled it over her head. The two froze for a moment, holding eye contact. The only sound heard was their heavy breathing.

"I still think you're a jackass."

"Just shut up," Derek moved back in to kiss the woman, successfully quieting her.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

They didn't have sex.

They didn't have sex, but they almost did. Sofia could not stop thinking about the previous nights course of action.

They were making out on the table when Scott had called Derek. The man had roughly pulled away and left the loft to take the call, not once looking back at the girl.

In a flurry of mixed emotions, she bolted towards her room and into the bathroom. The woman had gazed at herself in the mirror for awhile, trying to regain herself.

Morning had returned and Sofia stared at the ceiling above her bed. Why had she let herself get that far with that monstrosity of a man? A hot monstrosity, but one nonetheless.

Sofia knew this point on could go two directions. It would either be extremely awkward and uncomfortable leading Sofia to find a new place to stay, or she could treat it like nothing and hope Derek does the same.

It wasn't like Sofia had any romantic feelings for the wolf. She was stressed, he was stressed, and they're both hot. She had figured why not.

The girl had eventually dragged herself out of bed and moved out of the room. Derek was facing the wooden table, staring down at it in silence. Sofia slowly moved towards the man.

"Derek?" she called out warily.

The man in question didn't move. As Sofia neared the table, she noticed Derek's mother's claws laying out.

"Derek?" Sofia said again, this time slightly shoving his shoulder.

Derek slowly turned his head to face her, his face void of emotions. "Argent needs to suffer."

Sofia's face scrunched in confusion, "What?"

"He did this," Derek's eyes glued back onto the wolf claws.

"What are you talking about?" Derek's menacing tone was starting to put Sofia at unease.

"You're no better," he spat at the girl. "You walk around trying to help us like you care. You've spent your entire life murdering people like me and my family."

Sofia took a startled step back, not sure how to reply. Her mouth opened and close, nothing coming out. Derek took an intimidating step towards the girl, backing her up.

"You don't belong here," Derek yelled as he pushed Sofia into the wall with enough force to cause damage. The girl slid to the floor and watched him walk away.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

HI before you hate me, just remember this was the episode with "void" derek

let's count how many times i say this phrase throughout the book — i hate this chapter😃

i rly hope the make out scene wasn't as cringey to you guys as it was to me

anyways thanks for reading!
hope you enjoyed!