"Couldn't we have just... walked there?" Claggor asked as I gripped the front of my shirt while stealing a glance down at Powder. She seemed just as scared as me.

          "Gotta stay out of sight for this one," Vi answered before looking up at Powder and me.

         "Called it," Mylo's voice rang through my ears as I looked down at Vi. "This is on you, Vi."

          She shook her head as I looked down at the gap between us before taking a step back.

          "I'll get them," Claggor sighed as he began moving away.

          "No," Vi quickly stopped him with her hand up before turning back to the two of us. "Powder, look at me."

          Oh, thank God, Powder's going first.

         "What did I tell you?" Vi asked patiently as I turned towards the little girl at my side.

          "That... I'm ready," she answered as she took in a deep breath.

         "That's right! So?"

           Powder inhaled deeply before moving towards the edge, more slipping down the roof than jumping. She let out a scream as she swung her body towards the balcony before catching herself, turning around before jumping off that to the opposite roof the others were on. She seemed to stick the landing but began falling back if it wasn't for Vi grabbing her hand at the last second and holding her over the edge. Whiskers let out a squeak from the top of my head as she covered her eyes with my hair before practically fainting.

          "Thanks," Powder mumbled before her sister smiled and pulled her up. Yay... my turn.

          "Y/n, look at me," Vi began saying as I looked down at the ground below. Turning up to Vi, she placed a hand on Powder's shoulder as the little girl stared up at me as well. "If Powder can make that jump, so can you."

          "If she didn't have lead feet," Mylo mumbled before getting elbowed by Claggor.

          "If Powder can... I can," I whispered as I inched forward. Whiskers seemed to wake up from her little dizzy spell, immediately sparking to attention when she noticed that I was inching towards the edge. Letting out a panicked shriek, Whiskers buried herself within my hair just as I jumped down. My feet nailed the gutter below, and I began falling forward with a gasp before reaching out to the side and grabbing hold of the balcony roof. My feet slammed around the railing, and I balanced myself with a little breath before stepping around to the front and turning around to face the opposite roof. But I found myself freezing right there.

          "You--you know what? I--I think you can--oh, jeez," I mumbled as I tore my gaze away from the ground-- "you can do this without me."

          "No, we can't," Vi answered before Mylo could even say a word. "You're so close, Y/n--you got this."

         I looked up at her, seeing the sincerity in her eyes before taking in a deep breath. Forcing my eyes closed, I pushed off the balcony and through the air. Letting out a little cry, my hands smacked against the tiles and I landed in a crouched position much like Vi, but my eyes were sealed shut the whole time.

         "You made it," Vi grinned as she rocked a fist against my shoulder. My eyes sparked open, and I let out a little laugh as I stood up.

          "I did it!" I cried while throwing my fists up in the air. Vi quickly clamped a hand around my mouth, shushing me as I stiffened up upon realizing just how loud I was. And then she began chuckling while pulling away, moving past Mylo with Powder not far behind her. He scoffed, rolling his eyes as we began moving after the two. "Did you see that Whiskers?"