"Fuck off!" She laughed. "I actually think you should do it-"

"I was gonna say that actually!" Sameera piped in and I turned to her with a look of exaggerated betrayal. "You know, to celebrate... your new lease of life! You know?"

"When you put it like that, I think that's a great idea! First rounds on Dee!" Charlie grinned, and the other two traitors joined in with a cheer as we got closer to the bar.

"You guys are lucky I just got paid. Otherwise I'd be telling you all to go and suck a-"

"I'll have a vodka coke, alright, Dee?" Blaire cut me off smugly, and I rolled my eyes. I played up the bitter act, but really I was happy to get the night really going. We got our first rounds in, and stood by the bar to drink - we had this agreement, when we went clubbing, to always have a round, then shots, then buy another round and hit the dance floor. It was like some unspoken rule at this point. After that routine took place, it was like a free for all.

"So... how you feeling?" Sameera asked me suddenly, having to lean in close in order to even be heard in this busy environment.

"I'm feeling good. You?"

"Don't be so polite." She scoffed, and simply blew air out of my nose amused my before sipping on my rum and coke mixture. "You drinking drinking tonight?"

"Am I drinking drinking?"

"You know, like, getting drunk drunk?"

"Oh I'm getting drunk."

"Like, drunk drunk?"

"Oh I'm gonna get fucked up, girl." I let out a curt laugh, and Sameera did the same. I knew what she was actually getting at, but wanted to see if she'd come out with it at all. I wasn't actually planning to get all that drunk... I just thought it'd be funny to freak her out a little.

"You know..." she started, cautiously sipping at her cocktail as I smiled at her knowingly. "You know, I've read that it's quite common to be kind of self destructive after a breakup-"

"Oh, god Sameera, really-"

"I'm just looking out for you!"

"There's nothing to look out for! I'm fine, really - you guys can stop tip toeing around the subject now. I'm not gonna... destroy myself." I chuckled, downing the rest of my drink and turning back to the bar in wait of more service. "I think it's time for shots."

"Dee hold on-"

"Girls! Shots are on me!" I called out to the other two who were sitting on the opposite side of Sameera. I looked past her concerned face and held up my empty glass to Blaire and Charlie, who cheered in agreement with my announcement. "You're doing shots with us, right Sam?" I watched her face contort from concern to a reluctant smile, which only grew as Blaire suddenly grasped onto her shoulders, screaming the lyrics to whatever song was playing right in her ear.

-

Quite a few rounds of drinks and a lot of dancing in different clubs later, I found myself back at another bar. This time around, my vision was a bit more blurred, the music was pulsing through my system as consistently as the alcohol was; I was definitely not sober, and I found myself constantly moving to the rhythm of whatever song was playing - whether I knew it or not. 'It' being both the song playing and the fact that I couldn't stop moving, even when I was ordering more drinks. But now, as I stood at the bar waiting to recite my repetitive order once again, I was taken off guard by the bartender approaching me with a drink already in hand. It looked like my regular rum and coke. She pushed it over the sticky wooden counter to me, saying "for you" with a nod.