"Yup. Just left," she said, putting a few dishes in the sink for Chris to clean. "I'm headed out."

"Out where?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just meeting up with a friend," she said, smirking.

Chris knew asking her what friend would be pointless. So instead, he nodded to a stack of papers and supplies on the island counter. "Take those and put them on the table by the door. Willow left her homework and can get it next time she's over."

"Got it," she said, grabbing several worksheets and pieces of notebook paper. Kate smiled as she read Willow's name. "I don't think I've actually ever met someone who writes their own name with hearts."

"I just can't believe her teachers accept work written in glitter ink," Chris said, chuckling.

Kate paused on her way to the door and looked down at the papers, studying them more closely. Chris was right. The neat words were written with green, glittery ink. Then Kate remembered the item she had almost forgotten about that she found in the Hale house.

A pink glitter gel pen.

☽︎

Though the shopping trip wasn't even halfway over, both Lydia and Willow could tell that Allison didn't really want to be there. Of course, they didn't know she was trying to wrap her mind around the existence of werewolves.

"Nothing's wrong," Allison said when Lydia questioned her mood. "I just, I have a lot on my mind."

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile?' Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress," Lydia told her.

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected," she muttered.

Yes, Allison had learned about Lydia and Scott making out in Coach's office. Thankfully, no one knew about Scott forcing a kiss on Willow that day of the full moon. If word got around, there wasn't a doubt in Scott's mind that half the lacrosse team would line up to break his legs — Derek had already snapped his arm for it.

"Excellent," she said, glad that Allison was on the way to forgiving her.

"But not as much as I'm going to ask," Allison said, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" she asked as they stepped off the escalator.

"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else," she told her.

"Who?" Lydia asked.

Lydia and Willow followed Allison's gaze as she looked at a boy standing by the perfume counter. They watched as Stiles accidentally sprayed perfume in his own face, sneezing loudly.

"Him," Allison said. Lydia looked as if she'd rather the ground swallow her whole. And that was just the look Allison desired. "Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

Stiles had been, understandably, over the moon when Lydia told him he would be taking her to the formal. But now he was enlisted in holding all her 'maybe' options. Allison and Willow left them alone, letting Lydia drag the poor boy all over the Macy's.

"What do you think of this?" Allison asked, holding up a red and white dress.

Willow tilted her head as she studied it. "I'd go lighter. Maybe that silver one," she said, pointing to another dress nearby.

"Oh, it's perfect," Allison gushed, grabbing the hanger with her size. "I'm gonna go try it on."

"I'll be there in a minute," she told her, continuing to look at two different dresses. As Allison left, Willow walked over to a mirror and held up one.