𝐼𝐼. "Under the Armor"

Start from the beginning

Just like two strangers.

«—where did that girl go?»

In that instant, Guts went out from his thoughts when he heard your voice.

You were on the verge of losing patience. Lily had disappeared suddenly and no one had seen where she had gone. You thought the foot thing was just bullshit to get you to stop...

«We have to look for her, what if she is in danger!?» The little elf said in a high-pitched, worried tone, unlike you.

«Tsk, it wouldn't surprise me if she was.» In any case, you certainly couldn't let her die there, not after she forced you to take her with you.

So, you decided to go look for her alone and, as you disappeared into the dense forest, Puck sighed heavily.

«Eeeeh~ sure she has a nice temper...» Then, he flew back to his "friend" and sat on his shoulder.

«Ehy, what do you think about it?» With his arms folded behind his blue head, he stared at the warrior's stiff profile with his big eyes.

His silence had made the elf understand that he would rather be alone, but Puck didn't want that; moreover, he was sure the presence of two women would have benefitted him, somehow...in particular, the nameless girl was too much like him and believed you two could get along well.

«It's like a beast that has just come out of its cage.» Guts said almost holding back a chuckle.

When he spoke to you, Puck clearly saw a scar in your soul, since the Empath was one of his particular abilities...being a magical creature, he could feel people's emotions, whether they were good or bad.

But he was almost relieved to feel a sudden change in the swordsman, although he appeared to be the same as usual. Of course, the elf didn't say anything about it and began to smile without getting too noticed from the other.

• • •

Sweat began to roll off your forehead. That morning, you had foreseen another hot day, but not that you would have been cutting down countless brambles!

There were too many, it was impossible that she had passed this way, you thought with some frustration as you cut off a couple more of those with the sword...

Until something stopped you.

Your cloak got tangled in the shrubs. To avoid tearing it completely, you untied the lace under your neck freeing yourself from it. Now, you were forced to buy a cloak too...

Soon after, the forest ended and a plain with an immense body of water opened up in front of you. It was a wonderful sight that could never be enjoyed from the outside.

«Heh, it was worth to cut all that stuff back then...» You said catching your breath.

But then you heard a voice calling you from afar.

«This waaay~» Undoubtedly, it was the voice of the young harlot.

You took back your grim look and headed in her direction. Then, you saw her dress thrown on the lawn along with the shoes.

«Aaaah, the water is fabulous!!» You saw her swimming in the clear waters «Why don't you come in too? I can help you take off your armor if you like.»

With long blonde hair and white bare skin under the surface of the water, she urged you to keep her company in the middle of that lost paradise.

There was a moment of silence after that, as your fingers still held the sword tightly.