Chapter 89

Tessa's POV:

"So, what are you waiting for Tessa?" Robert's voice breaks through my deep thoughts of biggest fear, that's bet. "I dare you to do a bet with me." He tells, again.

Why he's doing it?
Why he's giving me a dare which involve the word, bet?

I just revealed everyone the truth. The truth of my biggest fear and he's using it against me, daring me to do it. I feel I'm getting fooled–played again, just like when I revealed to the devil group of my fake friends the truth that I was a virgin and they used it.

He used it!

They all perfectly planned it out, cleverly took the truth out of me and used it against me to help him to get to confirmed that I was virgin, so he could carry on the bet on it and take it for money and he did it.

The manipulator person he was, he did it without getting me any suspicious towards him and at last he won, he got his money and his ego got boosted up, touching the sky upmost.

But why Robert is doing it now? Why he's using the truth against me like him. Robert, who I know is a mature man, unlike him the manipulator. Robert is soft spoken unlike him the spitting fire at everyone. Robert don't do unnecessary fights to everyone unlike him who fights for living like he needed it.

I know I'm comparing them but come on I didn't expect Robert to use my fear against me like he did to me. I can't experience another betrayal. The word betrayal has the word bet on it too. Bet-rayal.

And I hate both, bet and betrayal.

"Robert…I can't. I fear it the most." I tell him in a very low voice but enough loud at least he could hear it.

"I know it's hard to do what you fear but you've to try. You should try to play with your fear, Tessa." He explains very softly, directly looking into my eyes.

Try to play? I should try to play the bet?
What is it played me instead and made me a joke to everyone? It's harmful, totally to me.

"It's all upto you what bet you gonna make between us, Tessa." I look down at his right hand which lifts up and moves back and forth in the empty space between us. "You got all the power, it's your under control so it won't be harmful as you're thinking." He tells and my head snap to look up at him.

How did he know I was thinking about the bet being harmful? Is it visible on my face so everybody could see it clearly? Projecting that this poor girl is shitting into herself because she's going to involve in what she fears?

But now I feel less panicked, knowing that he's thinking the same as mine, such a coincidence. Or maybe he could read my expressions the way I read his like an open book or it might be that he knows it somehow. I don't know how but he knows it. Like there is a some sort of connection?

"Okay then, I guess. I'll do it." I agree and a wide satisfactory smile is playing across his face. "But I don't know what bet should I make?" I tell him. I'm a bit tipsy from the champagne so I couldn't think of any bet ideas whatsoever.

"It's for you to decide. Whatever bet you're comfortable making, I'll do it. I'll bet on it too without even complaining if it's benefits you the most." He informs so sweetly that I'm beginning to fear the bet word less and less and less. And there will be a point I won't be fearing it anymore.

"Can you give any ideas so I would select amongst them?"  I tell him, my hazy mind with alcohol in my veins couldn't process any ideas I could think of. And if he'll give me couple of ideas we could do it then and that's fine with me.