Chapter 69

Hardin's POV:

"You okay?" Tessa asks for the third time. Instead of excitement to see me here, she has a worried expression across her face.

"Yeah, I am." Grabbing by her waist, I pull her to stand in between my legs. "Now stop asking. I'm totally fine." I pat my fist on that area where she hit me hard, accidentally.

"Do you go to a gym?" Why she's asking me this question now?

"Yes, regularly. But why did you ask?" I say. Is she wants to see my muscled up body right now? Naughty girl-

"Because I thought you'd be tough and rough by doing gym, but you're not I guess. One hit by my elbow and you were winning like baby who hit himself purposely," she teases.

"I am a tough and rough guy but your force was enough for anyone to bring them on their knees." I squeeze her both female biceps. "How did you became this physically strong? Were you gymming too that you didn't told me about?" I chuckle and she rolls her eyes.

"So, guys what are you gonna drink?" The bartender asks the four of us. "Nora?"

How did he know her name? Do they comes here more often? Do Tess comes with them too?

"Sex on the beach for me," Landon's fiancee tells him. "It's been years I didn't have one."

"I'll have long Island iced tea," Landon says to him.

"And you two?" the barkeep asks Tessa and me now. After couple of minutes staring at the menus, Tessa finally orders. I don't ever desire to drink any type of alcohol fused drink, so I choose a alcohol-free mocktail.

"Let's take our drinks and sit down." Sara tells us and everyone nods. I'm the only one who is sitting between the four of us, so I didn't do anything. Thinking Tessa must be tired by standing so I nod too. Taking our drinks we all follow Sara, I take Tessa's hand in mine as we pass through the herd of peoples. Walking away from the bar where Stacy is leading us to the rows of table for us to sit. The area become darker and darker as we're moving farther and it's hard to walk with wearing this sunglasses and pass the crowd.

Why this place is so fucking crowded? I told Landon clearly to chose the least one instead he chooses the most packed one in the whole fucking city.

Finally we find some empty seats but only two person to sit on the couch. Great. "Why did you picked this crowded joint?" I ask Landon. "There aren't enough seats for us to fucking sit."

"Nora chose it because she's familiar with this one more than any other place." Of course that annoying woman did only to annoy me more, for sure. "And other pub is even more crowded on friday night, so chill," he defend her.

"We should just sit already. Or this couch soon will be occupied too," his girl huffs. She pulls Landon to sit down on the other end of couch so she could sit on his lap.

Scoffing I also sit down on the other end and pull Tessa's arm for her to sit on my lap. Putting our drinks on the table, I adjust myself on the hard couch to make us comfortable.

"What are you doing in here, in New York?" Tessa finally asks, which I was waiting for.

"I'm here, to meet you of course." I tell the truth, there's no other business for me to attend, only her. "You're not happy than I'm here?"

"Of course, I am thrilled actually," she gives me a kiss on my cheeks. "But, Why?" She raises her eye brow.

"Because I've missed you and I was worried about you." I respond.

"Worried about me? Why?" She wraps my sweatshirt's string around her small fingers.

"Because few days ago your work place was set on a fire and some asshole pickpocket almost stole your bag, so I am here to see if you are really okay or not, or that you weren't lying so I don't have to worked up only thinking about you here," I bring her hands in mine and gently run my fingers over her knuckles.

After 4 | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें