Chapter 34

Hardin's POV:

Smiling at Tessa, "I'll let you go to bed, then."
With that, she turns on her heel and retreats to her closet- room, leaving me alone in the kitchen, then alone on the sofa, and then alone in the dreams that come.

......

"Tessa please." I beg.

"No, Hardin. I can't. I don't love you anymore." She says and take a step back away from me. "You have to understand, I'm dating him not you. I moved on with my life and going to start a life with him. You have to moved on with yours life too. Which is without me."

"Tessa come on, get in the car." Robert says from driver seat of his fucking car.

"Coming." She says to him and look back at me. "Sorry Hardin, but you have to let me go." She shakes her head.

"Tessa please stop." I beg again now drop on my knees in front of her and clasp her calf with my hands so that she can't move.

"Hardin. Please stop this and let me go." She says and put her hand on my shoulder and push me back away from her.

"No Tess. Please, please don't leave me." I start to cry and look up at her so that see that I'm desperate. Desperate for her.

"You always hurt me and I can't keep up with your cruel intentions and constantly hurting me." She says and try to move back but I tighten my grasp.

"No Tessa, I'll not hurt you again. I promise. I've change, you have to give me a last chance to see it."

"Tessa!" That bastard shouts. I want to smash his fucking head and bleed him to death. But that is not the time to think, I've to stop my one and only love to leave me, forever.

"I've to go. Hardin, I've to go" she try to remove my grasp but my grip become more harder than before.

"No Tess. No baby" I uses her nickname given by me, to hit her heart in depth realize my love for her is still there, it'll always will.

She stops her movement and look down at me like she's going to slap me, "Stop this! I don't want anything to do with you and I don't love you. Not anymore." She raises her voice.

"No. You do love me. You do."

"No, I don't. I've to go now." She move back.

"Please stop. Tess! Please stop." I say and wrap by arm around her legs. "Please stop."

......

"Hardin, wake up. Please, wake up," someone calmly say, running their fingers over my shoulder. My eyes fly open to see Tess, and I lift my hands to touch her face. I sit up and pull her on my lap. She doesn't fight it, which good.
Silent seconds pass by before I rest my head against her full chest and she let me.

"How often?" She says, I can sense that she's heartbroken by it. Still. After acting like she didn't care about me all this time, she is still upset by my fucking nightmare.

"Only about once a week or so. I take pills for them now, but on nights like tonight, it was too late to take them." This particular nightmare is keep happening to me after Landon told me about Tess and Robert working to together spending time together, telling this to my therapist, he recommended this shit to take and it helps a lot me to sleep. Artificially not naturally.

"I'm sorry." Her voice breaks.

"Don't be. I'm fine." I nuzzle farther into her neck and
wrap both arms around her waist. She is here to comfort me, like she always did and still do. Shit, she have a morning shift and it still early to wake up. She should be sleeping right now. "I'm sorry that I woke you."

"Don't be." She repeats my words a second ago and lean into the back of the couch. I like that she is comfortable now by sitting on my lap, talking casually and comforting me, console me and give reassure.

"I've missed you." I finally say and yawn, drawing her body into my chest. I lie back, bringing her with him, and she let me, again.
I have missed her, her body attach to me by this simple gesture of just sleeping together, her head on my chest.

"Me, too." Of course you do my stubborn girl. But you take long ass time to say it, and in end when you do it leaps my fucking heart.

I press my lip against her forehead and she shivers. Later she nuzzle in farther into my arms. Like she used to do and still do, I relax in her warmth.

"I love how real this is," I whisper. "It's never going to go
away, you know that, don't you?"

"We have different lives now." She trys to give me a logically fucking reason, which is bullshit by the way but I'm not call her out on this.

"I'm still waiting for you to see it, that's all." My eyes feel heavy and I close it.

"See what?" I hear her ask it.

I think I say before I drift off to sleep, "To see that we could live together, happily and I'll not going to hurt you again." I promise.

......

When I wake up Tessa is not here and it's twelve in the afternoon, she must be at her work. So I get up from the couch and walk into the kitchen, make a black coffee. I look around the apartment and Landon is also not here, he must be at his work too.

I get into Tess's room, look for something to read, so I pull first drawer of her dresser but it's have her bras and my eyes lays on her lace red one which is at the bottom. I couldn't help the fucking grin on my face at the sight of the material.

At the bottom! Means she's not wearing this often or not at all, so I pull it out and put it on the top. So when next time she'd wear it, this would be the one. I love this one so damn much at her, it shows her full breast so perfectly, ready to rip it off and take a bite of her harden nipples.

I close the drawer and look at the another drawer. I found three copies of Pride and Prejudice but not my given book, Wuthering Heights. Where she kept it? Did she get it?

After searching every drawer and at her closet, I give up. At last I take one copy of P&P and lie down onto her bed.
Hours spend by reading and I look at the clock, its now six-thirty. I put the book aside and head out of the apartment.

A bit walking around the block would passes my time and I'd get to know the neighborhood. Wandering here and there knowing the place, I'd say that Landon get a nice place to stay. And their safety, her safety more importantly.

After one and a half hour of walking and eating a little street food, I headed to the apartment.
When I get out from the elevator and head to the door to their apartment, couple of steps away from the door I saw someone, some man wearing black coat and a newsboy cap. Like some fucking spy or some shit. He's pressing his ear to the door and trying to listen, or he's listening that anyone is in there or not so that he can broke in and steal shit.

Earlier I was talking about safety and shit, and later I saw this fucking shit is happening. Who the hell is this guy? That doesn't matter. What the fuck he's doing, that is important, which is inappropriate and disagreeable.

I take a step towards him, grab him by his coat's collars and slam him against the door "What!". I open the door and push his small framed body inside the apartment and I step in too.