19--

I woke up to the bright peering sun that seeped through the white curtains. Today was Sunday so i had all the day to myself to rest. I need a body massage badly.

Shuffling through the sheets and out the bed, I made my way to the bathroom to relieve myself before coming back and stripping to just panties and a little ribcage bra top.

"Why is it so freaking cold Today?" I groaned when the wind blew in through the windows and open balcony.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so cold if you had clothes on." I heard a voice as my head whipped to the door.

He had in his hand a tray filled with bread, a cup of tea and fried eggs. He had on a white t-shirt and black joggers.

I quickly put back on my pyjamas as I shyly stood in front of him. Not to sound stupid or anything but I completely forgot I wasn't living alone anymore.

"Come eat something, you look like you are dying."

"Hey!"

"What? It's the truth or should I eat it alone?"

"No, I'll eat." I mumbled as I awkwardly took a seat close to him on the sofa as he placed the tray on the little table that was situated at the centre of our room, near the sofa.

"How was your night?" He asked.

"Were you the one who put me on the bed?" I asked instead.

"I asked you a question." He groaned. "I'm trying to be romantic here."

"I don't know."

"Really, Nini?"

"I want to eat peacefully." I mumbled not minding him as I started to fill my tired stomach. "I don't remember us being this close."

"We are married now and I believe in the vows we took." He said making me look at him angrily.

"Really? So did you care about them when you rejected me that night?"

"It's in the past now, I liked Sydney then." He groaned pushing the tray away from him.

"Oh so you moved on from her? To who? Another hot girl?"

"Why are you being annoying this morning?" He said angrily and I knew I had pushed a button.

"No, you are being irritating and I really don't want to talk to you."

"Fine, I'll leave you alone." He said standing up and entering the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

"Whatever." I mumbled as I drew the tray close to myself and ate to my satisfaction.

"What if he put poison?" I though out loud when I realised he didn't take any bite from anything-- not even a sip from his tea.

The food was at least tasty

After a while, Arlo came out of the bathroom with a white towel round his waist before entering our walk in closet and coming out few minutes later in sweatshirt and sweatpants and walked out of the bedroom.

I freshened up, slipping on a black romper and black knee socks before taking the remaining cold food to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch to watch tv as I saw Arlo press away on his phone. Hours later into the movie I was watching, I Checked on him only to see he had fallen asleep.

I looked up at the wall clock that was situated at one side of the wall, it showed 4:30pm. Arlo hasn't eaten anything since morning and the way he turned uncomfortably, I knew he was hungry.

So I decided to try my cooking skills.
I wasn't the best cook out there but I knew how to make pasta with steak. It took me about an hour to finish up. By the time I was done, I saw Arlo walking towards our bedroom.

I ran towards him "Arlo--"

"What now?"

"I'm... I'm sorry I spoke to you rudely earlier, I just don't like the fact about you liking someone else whe--"

My words were silenced by his lips pressed against mine. My eyes closed on instinct and I had to hold Arlo tight for support due to the fact that my knees went weak.

I kissed him back, wrapping my hands around his neck while his slipped round my waist. I know Arlo is the only one I've ever kissed but he still remains the best kisser in the world to me. We pulled back after some minutes and the realisation of what we had just done, dawned on me and I blushed deep red.

"I made you food." I squeaked before taking off to our bedroom and locking the door behind me.

"What was he's deal? Kissing me just like that? Am I he's lover or what? I was going to say I didn't like the fact about him liking someone else when he said he liked Sydney." I ranted as I sat at the edge of my bed.

"But he kissed me! He fucking kissed me without me initiating it. Does this mean he likes me and was just pretending all this while? Arlo fucking Richardson likes me. This is so strange. Like me? Of course he would. Who wouldn't like me? I'm so pretty. This is so-- omg." I squealed as I fell back and screamed into the pillow.

"Niana, the pasta is salty." Arlo's voice cut me from my little happiness bubble.

"Oops." I whispered as I chuckled imagining how his face would scrunch up when he tasted the pasta. "He would look so cute, so fine."

I slap my face as I realised I was fan-girling too much. "What are you doing Niana? Remember you have gotten over your feelings for him, don't let this mere kiss get to you." I warned myself.

"Nini, I'm still waiting for you." I couldn't help but smile at the nickname.

I always disliked the nickname because it reminded me of the one-sided love I had for him before. But hopefully, we wouldn't be getting a divorce soon like I thought or is it just my fantasy that we would be a happy couple who love each other and have kids when the time is right?