o5--

-- NIANA'S POV --

My first plan was to get up and run but I knew it would be lame of me so i only curled into a ball and shut my eyes in embarrassment.

"Are you still dwelling on what happened ten years ago?" I heard his voice and I shrieked at how close he was to me.

Every drop of alcohol vanished from my system as I suddenly become sober.

"N-No, what do you mean?'

"I told you the kiss meant nothing." He snapped.

He definitely heard what I said to Ethan.

"I know." I mumbled.

"I like Sydney, you wouldn't continue with those feelings right?" He asked running his hand through his hair.

"Right." I whispered as my heart clenched from the rejection.

"Good." He turned to leave but stopped mid way. "Can you please not tell her what happened ten years ago?"

"I won't." I said swallowing the lump forming on my throat.

I knew tears were threatening to fall from my face, I knew from how my chest clogged up, a sob trying to break out.

Immediately he left my sight, I broke down. I was a soft and emotional person, things got to me easily and this especially was a big blow for me. My headache and hiccup worsened as sobs raked through my throat making me grip my chest as my tears refused to stop falling making it hard for me to control my voice as I cried harder.

I cried non-stop for a while before picking my shoes and made my way to my car.

I had no choice but to let go now, a normal teen in my position would hate him and not have anything to do with him again.

Thinking about how much I still liked him over the years made me look stupid. He was in love with my best friend now and there's nothing more important than Sydney's happiness-- I would do anything to make her happy.

That includes getting over my feelings for Arlo.

I texted Sydney telling her that I wasn't feeling well and had to go home. Getting home, I dragged myself to my room, Careful not to wake anybody up. I washed off my makeup and changed into my pyjamas, slipping of to sleep immediately.

I woke up the next morning to find out I was on my period and the cramps weren't going easy on me.

What a great way to start a day!

As if that wasn't enough already, The door to my bedroom got stuck and while trying to open it, I broke the handle.

Not just that, Getting to school, I found out that I forgot my assignment that was due today at home and when I tried to rush back to get it, I accidentally bumped into someone and their coffee poured on my white shirt.

Could my day get any better?

"If you can't stay in one place and drink coffee, can you at least watch where you are going?" I snapped as the last string of composure left me.

"I'm sorry, gosh, why are you so bitchy?" The blonde girl scoffed as she took her handkerchief to wipe her hands.

I lost it.

"I'm bitchy, yeah? Well you are lucky I'm not fisty or else I would have rammed one into that big eyes of yours." I yelled making the girl shift back in fear.

I shoulder bumped her as I walked past her only to stop when I saw Arlo, Ethan and Sydney watching me.

"Nia, are you okay?" Sydney asked, concern crossing her features.

"I'm sorry." I said as I burst out in tears.

It's been so long since I had mood swings and panic attacks but me crying out of the blue right now isn't surprising because my emotions were all over the place right now.

"For what?" She asked wiping my face as more tears fell.

"I don't know, I-I need m-my pills right now." I stuttered as I feel my neck tighten up and breathing was getting harder.

I'm not going to have a panic attack in school....I'm not going to have a panic attack in front of all these students.

"Nia, you have to calm down, breath carefully." Sydney said as she dragged me out of the curious eyes of students.

"She's having a panic attack and you are making her walk." Arlo said as he came forward to hold me but I pushed him away.

"Syd, the pills are inside my school bag." I said as Sydney hurriedly searched my school bag for it.

She opened it and poured out two tablets for me as I quickly took my water bottle and swallowed it. I drank water a few times before my nerves started to calm down.

Sydney ran her hands through her hair a few times before Turning to me with a stern expression. "What happened?"

"My day just hasn't been the best." I muttered in a small voice.

Sydney sighed as she took my car key from my bag. "I'll drive you home." She said helping me up from the seat I was sat.

"Do you want us to come along or may--"

"No." I cut Arlo off, making Sydney and Ethan look at me weirdly.

"Nia, he's just trying to help, why so rude?" Sydney scolded.

"Since when were they friends with us?" I fired back.

"I'm really sorry, she isn't in the best mood right now." Sydney apologised making me roll my eyes.

"Hey, get some rest." Ethan said softly making me stare at him.

Why was he being Nice? Did we become close at the party yesterday? Did something happen?

"Thanks." I mumbled as I made my way to the school parking lot.

"We'll get going then." I heard Sydney say as I turned back to see her hug Arlo.

My chest suddenly felt constricted and I knew it wasn't from a panic attack but from seeing them together. It tugged at my heart and the hurt I felt was unimaginable.

But Like I said, Sydney's happiness came first so I would have to get used to having a constricted chest.