o9--

-- NIANA'S POV --

"Happy birthday to you."

That was exactly what I woke up to the next day. There standing was Miss Anita holding a big butterfly cake.

*picture of cake*

While my Daddy held confetti on one hand and on the other, a pretty tiara which he placed on my head

*Picture of the tiara*

Other servants carried different type of gifts as they all surrounded me and sang happy birthday song for me

Other servants carried different type of gifts as they all surrounded me and sang happy birthday song for me. I was speechless, I totally forgot today was my birthday and how come I didn't notice my room was filled with balloons and flowers.

"Thank you Guys." I smiled.

"Happy birthday." They choruses before my Daddy asked me to make a wish with a little cupcake which had a candle.

I made my wish then blew the candle before collecting the cup cake from my Daddy and eating it up making everyone laugh because of the look my Daddy gave me.

"I love the tiara Daddy,it's beautiful and expensive looking."

"Anything for you love." He replied before hugging me.

"So your Daddy decided to throw a dinner party for you." Miss Anita said making me look at my Daddy to which he gave a nod.

"I love you all." I said starting to get emotional.

"Now don't cry baby." My Daddy cooed wiping my face as I buried it on his chest and cried. "She's so emotional."

"Freshen up and come downstairs for breakfast, I'll leave the cake in your fridge." Miss Anita said looking at me when I gave a sly smile.

Sweet things and Niana.... five and six.

After they left, I arranged all the gifts at a corner, I'll open them later.

Lisa, My favourite cousin suddenly barged in as she jumped on my bed to hug me.

"I missed you a lot, you are so grown up now." She said making me roll my eyes.

Lisa was Three years older than me and Two years older than Sydney. The three of us grew up together, she's in her second year in college now in Georgia.

She sometimes come to visit us whenever she's on holiday since her father stays here and her mom stays in Georgia.

"Stop making it seem like you are my Aunty."

"I'm your big sister darling, that's enough." She sassed flipping her hair.

"Enough my ass." I mumbled standing up to go brush my teeth.

"Liam is downstairs." She said from the room as I slid into the bubble filled bath tub when I was done brushing my teeth.

"Awwn, I missed that guy so much."

"We plan on celebrating our fifth year anniversary today." She said making me chuckle.

"Not in my party."

"Well, that's the only advantage of your birthday, I met a sweet guy."

"Why do I feel like you remember your Five year anniversary and not my birthday?"

Lisa met Liam on this day five years ago when we had gone out to celebrate my birthday, she mistakenly threw stones at his back. It was quite hilarious that day, Seeing Lisa's horrified face and Liam's confused looks.

She apologised to him but obviously, the guy was attracted to her as he asked for her number to accept her apology. They started talking and it escalated into something else--A Relatiobship. 

"Lucky you, I'll always this day for life."

"Why are you talking as if you are going to get married to him? I asked busting a bubble that flew on my nose.

"I will and he gave me a promise ring this morning." She said making me squeal.

"No way, did you take it? Aren't you guys too young?"

"We'll work it through and besides, since we attend the same college, our relationship won't get affected easily."

"That's nice, how I wish I had someone, I'm tired of this single life." I groan as I sink lower into the bath tub.

"What about Arlo? I thought you said he came back from China and attends your school?"

"Arlo's a jerk." I said hitting the water angrily.

"First love gone wrong." I heard her laugh.

We talked some more while I finish bathing. I wrapped a towel around myself and got out to get dressed.

I wore a black jogger and sky blue hoodie, putting my hair in two buns. Two curly strands fell on my face as I slipped on my blue socks and crocs.

Lisa and I hanged out downstairs after breakfast, I also had a nice time with Liam and I was happy to see him shower my Sister with love.

Later in the evening, when decorations were being done, My Daddy came into my room to see me while I was video calling Sydney.

He and Sydney talked for a while as I sat at one corner looking at them bond. When he was done, he asked me to come sit close to him as he hugged me tightly rubbing my arms.

"Your Mom would be so happy to see you've become an adult." He said making me look up at him.

"Thanks a lot Daddy, you've given me the best life so far."

"I would do anything for you." He said hugging me tighter.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you want me to stay away from Arlo?"

"I was going to tell you tomorrow." He said after a long silence.

"I want to hear it now." I said pulling away from him.

"Well...."

"Well? tell me"

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable with how he suddenly treat you." He shrugged.

"But there should be a reason why he would suddenly treat me weirdly." I said trying yo prove my point.

"Yes, there actually is." He said and I could burst from this unreasonable suspense going on.

Why was he beating round the Bush? I really want to feed my curiosity with something. Even if it's just a little explanation and I'll be okay.

"Daddy just tell me what's going on." I groaned sitting closer to him. "What's the relationship between Arlo and I?"

"You are betrothed to him."