Evaluation

Chapter 20

      Clenching onto his hands pressing them to his chest, nails digging in without a second thought, or even a mere conscious conception at all, being completely unaware of his actions. With the usually even ends now sharp and out grown, embedding into the skin only furthering into each layer with each piercing sob, with every singular passing thought that crowded his mind. Filling it with ease, each brick being placed upon another, pushing the tarp down with more force to ensure that it couldn't be lifted, covering and shrouding each precious memory from view, from the tornados clutches that was soon to arrive on the scene. What little pain registerable managing to distract those thoughts, knowing the storm was soon to come, there being no chance or possible way to stop it having been a product of the world and out of their control, throwing Arthur back into the cellar, ensuring his safety, while also confirming he was powerless to return; Alfred working at a straining pace, anchoring what little world the couple had around them down.

      Standing tall, wind whipping through his hair, glasses thrown askew, the storm never once evaluating what it was doing as it tore the foundation around them apart. Never once flinching or withdrawing from his stance, quietly accepting the storm to engulf him completely, never placing up a fight. At ease with what little he had managed minutes ago, only mere minutes ago but they mattered more than anything he had ever done throughout his entire life.

      Still, his mind remained in a persistent loop made of iron, only able to be cut with a sword crafted from diamonds, forever cemented on each and every one thing he couldn't manage or control, losing all of his stability, his world being tipped upside down.

      Frigid hands overcoming him, ripping them from their place of settlement on his sternum, "My dear,"

      His mind impulsively filling the blanks with what Arthur would always do, informing his to breathe, coaching him through it all, taking his hands in to his own and rubbing them, never being too harsh even when callouses covered from defense practice, singing in a language Alfred knew not of; falling into every word when his heart calmed, the water draining as he leaned against himself, Arthur shifting him when Alfred gave the subtle nods and signs of exhaustion. Pulling him into him, despite his scrawny figure managing to scoop the other into his lap, running his hand through his hair until he fell asleep. Always sacrificing his back the pain and comfort to sleep on the floor, leaning on the wall, covering them with a blanket, Alfred eventually managing to shake himself awake through the fatigue. Resulting in the two always finding themselves in their bed, Alfred curled around keeping ahold of the others waist, never once Arthur pestering him with how they managed the feat of getting there, accepting it. Only now being shook with the actuality, tears emerging.

      "What do you think you're doing?"

      There would be no enchanting songs, no gentle rubs and touches as the self-inflicted indents were taken care of, with the addition of any blood being wiped away with a gentle manner with a warm clothe. None of that was present here, and it would never be. Those days were gone.

      Yanking his hands back he collapsed to the floor, burying his head into his knees. Feeling similar to that of a child calling for his mother, panicked and frightened finding himself alone in the big world alone with nobody to hold his hand guiding him. Only now nobody was coming, stuck with irreversible emotions without any support to pull him up, managing to calm him down. Simply drowning in his own thoughts, never finding anything to cling onto as he was washed away.

      Nails sinking into his skin, wincing automatically at the harsh gesture. "Get up, you're overreacting." Speaking with a firm tone, as to demand the other to fix his act. Stitch everything together in one second, possibly the worst words he could have endured in that second.