Mono looked back and shone his torch at whatever lied behind him, he found a double door barricaded with a stack of chairs, beds, and a bunch of IV poles. There's no going back that way. Mono turned off the torch just in case, he didn't want the battery to die out when he needed it the most. "Looks like a way out, come on," Mono said, tightening his grip on Six's hand and led the way. He looked left and right into the dark corners of the halls, feeling invisible eyes watching him and following each step he took.

"Mono, you're squashing my hand." Six said.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to." He said, "Got a bit jumpy that's all."

"Yeah, this is getting a bit scary. But the jokes help a lot though, could you teach more about those lame ones?" Six asked.

Mono looked back at her with a smile, "I knew it! You liked them after all!"

She scoffed at that, "Hell no! I wanna use them against you!"

"Alright... once we get out of here, I'll tell you all about that stupid show, where I got them from."

Mono stopped under the door from which came the light. He placed his hands on it and nodded for Six to give him a hand. Together they pushed the door open and the light began to seep through the small gap, "Put your back into it!" Six cried as they struggled to get the door open all the way through.

"I'm trying!" Mono said, but after a moment of struggle, this door proved too much for them to handle, "Screw it! Six, get the other side, I'll hold the door." He held on tight and felt the weight of the door pushing him backwards as Six crawled past him and squeezed to the other side, "Alright! Keep it open for me!" Mono said.

"Okay! Go!" Six growled as she held the door from the other side. Mono let go and hurried towards the gaps, "This is really heavy!" She said, losing her grip. Once she saw him pass through she let go, and the door slammed shut with a boom. "Man..." Six huffed and sat on the cold floor rubbing her fingers together. "Hey, I can't see an exit anywhere, what now?" Six said, looking around and found Mono standing there in complete awe, his head darting this way and that, taking in the sheer massiveness of the room. A sign hung from the ceiling, which spelt out in red letters; West wing. As Mono looked back at the door they came from he saw a sign which stood right above the frame, saying; East Wing, emergency section and anaesthesia specialist. There were more words below it but the rest was just worn out.

In the middle, the reception desk was separated from the room by a giant piece of glass, beyond it Mono saw nothing but papers and torn wall covers. The reception room was flanked on both sides by a set of ancient wooden stairs, and at the very top Mono saw an elevator. "We should probably start over there."

Six stood up, dusted her coat off and made for where he was standing. "Yeah do let's..." She said, immediately realizing why, as the room on their far left was dark and filled with all sorts of unnerving things. Six saw as much through the small window atop the door, arms and legs were hanging upside down, but beyond that, she saw nothing more.

Mono began and Six followed. Step by step they hopped and clambered up the wooden stairs. By the time they reached the top, they were already panting and Mono moved his paper bag slightly to wipe away the sweat from his forehead. "So then," Mono said, catching his breath, once again placed in a dilemma. "It has no power..." He said, sighing, "Nothing's ever easy here..."

Six examined the power box beside the elevator, from what it looked like, the power cell in there was drained dry, Six carefully removed its socket and examined it quickly "Guess we should look for something like this." Six said, turning the cell this way and that, "Or we could try recharging this one."

"We could?" Mono said.

Six nodded, "Yeah, there should be a weird-looking device around here that could charge it. You'll know it, from these two antennas and funny sounds it makes." Six tried gesturing with her hands as if she was painting a picture of it in the air.

Mono mused, "How do you know all this."

"Oh, you know, been there done that... back at the M-" Six stopped dead for a moment, "Well, yeah. Come on, you can't miss a device this obvious, where should we start looking?"

Mono looked about him, to his left the path led towards an iron door, to his right, well... the path no longer existed, the platform leading towards the other side was completely destroyed. "Let's try over here." Mono said, pointing towards the path on his left. Mono didn't know what he expected, by the time he made it beneath the iron door, he found that it was locked as well... which leaves...

He looked back at Six, the look in his eyes told her everything, we have no choice. She nodded. "Let's just get this over with." She said.

Mono kept his silence, then started down the stairs, hopping down one step at a time and Six was right on his heels. They stood there staring at the door in front of them, Mono could see the limbs dangling from the other side of the window, "Right, stay close." Mono said, placing his palm on the cold surface. Six stood next to him, and laid her hands against the door and looked at Mono. "On three, push." He said, and Six nodded, "One, two, three!" The little ones grunted as they pushed with all their might until the door swung open all the way. They stumbled to the other side, and Mono was quick to take the torch out of his pocket and shine it quickly upon the limbs. "Huh..." Mono said, feeling himself relax a bit, as it turns out the limbs hanging about from the ceiling were prosthetics. Thit wasn't as bad as he thought, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and began into the darkroom.

"Mono, I don't like this..." Six said.

"Relax, there's nothing in here." He said, shining his light on the path ahead. Then came a crash and Mono heard her scream behind him, "What happened?" He said, snapping his light back at her.

She shielded her eyes from the light, "Hey! Point that somewhere else!" She said, freeing her leg from under a prosthetic hand.

"Damn it, Six! You scared the life out of me..."

"I'm alright, it caught me off guard that's all. Stop pointing that flashlight at me!" she said, waving her hands around her face. Mono sighed and moved the flashlight of the way, Six freed her leg and kicked the prosthetic away and cursing at it. It landed beath a giant iron table where some sort of wooden dummy lay motionless.

Mono sighed and focused on the path ahead. They halted upon a basket laden with hands and broken fingers. Beyond it stood a door which could lead out of the room, "Six, give me a hand with this." He said, gripping between the edges and started pulling it out of the way. Six then joined in and let him her strength. And as they got it halfway they heard a clacking sound coming from behind them, they both snapped their heads back to investigate. Mono waved the light of his torch over to where the sound came, the light bounced from the prosthetics on the ceiling, to the small lockers on the wall, towards the table where the mannequin lay, and finally towards where the hand Six had kicked early landed. And to their horror, the hand is no longer there...