Chapter 23: Suspicion

Start from the beginning

Izuku quickly walked to his shared dorm room thinking back on what he had just done. 'Why did I do that? That was so embarrassing' he thought, his face turning a deep shade of pink as he got ready for class. As usual, that was the second half of the day, when it got to that point in the day, he didn't have to worry about others, he just had to worry about his performance and that made what he was doing even more enjoyable. Sure, it was fun to work with a group but when you and the group members don't get along, it's much more fun to work with just yourself.

Izuku was so involved in what he was doing as always that he didn't realize the door opened. Katsuki came in and took out one of Izuku's earbuds. Izuku quickly turned around to be met with Katsuki as well as the rest of the Bakusquad. Izuku smiled and greeted them all. "Woah, look at all of this," Sero said gesturing to the mess on the desk Izuku was just sitting at. "What's it for?" Mina asked as she walked over and picked up one of the pieces that were laying on the desk.

"Oh, it's just the thing I'm working on in my class," Izuku said taking the piece from Mina and returning to the desk. "You never did tell us what you were studying," Kirishima said. Izuku looked at him. "I didn't?" he asked. Everyone other than Katsuki shook their heads. Izuku looked at them. "Oh, well, I'm part of my school's support course, I'm hoping to get into UA's course next year," he said excitedly.

All of them looked at Izuku in interest, they had never gotten to know what course he had decided to take. Not only that, none of them had talked to students in the support course before. "I don't know much about them but isn't the equipment only allowed in the labs? I've never seen students carrying around huge chunks of machinery," Sero asked as he looked at the machinery scattered around the desk.

"Oh, yeah, I'm not allowed to use the support course labs so Nezu allowed me to work on it here," Izuku said quickly. Although getting to go into the UA support course labs would've been nice, he was glad to be able to work here at all, if he was lucky, he might be able to get advice from some of the teachers. "Cool, what are you making?" Mina asked as she once more inspected the items.

Izuku started to explain his invention, while he happily monologued about it, the Bakusquad just stared at him in astonishment. "Wow," Kirishima said. "Yeah, wow is right, my brain can't even start to comprehend what you're doing here," Kaminari joked. (Haha, I'm still not telling you what it is, I've given hints though, can you guess what he's making? You'll know soon enough don't worry.)

"Glad you like it, I've still got a lot to go though," Izuku said looking at it, the year was going to quickly start coming to an end, if he didn't finish building it in time, the coding was going to be an issue. Katsuki put a hand on Izuku's shoulder, "You'll get it done, I know you will," he reassured making Izuku smile. "Yup!" he said.

Izuku wanted to work on his project a little more so Katsuki led the rest of the Bakusquad out to give Izuku some more time in a quiet environment. Once everyone was out, Katsuki decided to stay and watch, it had been a while since he had gotten to see Izuku work and he missed it. The two sat in silence until it was about an hour and a half before dinner. "Deku I have to go, I have to make food for the rest of the class," Katsuki said while he started to get up.

That caught Izuku's attention. "Can I help?" he asked turning excitedly toward Katsuki. Katsuki chuckled at the action, "Sure." Izuku happily followed him downstairs toward the kitchen. Katsuki went to the fridge and grabbed all of the ingredients he needed.

"What are we making?" Izuku asked as he looked at the array of ingredients. "Just some simple curry," Katsuki said while grabbing a peeler and knife. "You can work on the peeling, I'm going to start cutting things up," he said handing Izuku the peeler. Izuku grabbed one of the potatoes on the counters and started carefully peeling it, he didn't have much experience cooking and he knew that cutting himself wouldn't help with the process.