Chapter 8: Lost And Found

Belle opened her eyes. It was dark. She guessed it was midnight. Lifting herself up she could hear grasshoppers in the distance. She kneeled down on her knees, looking around. The reason she had woken up wasn't because of the breeze or the grasshoppers. It was the sound of rustling that woke her up. She knew someone was outside of the cave, but she didn't dare go investigate. Unlike when she went to see who or what Echo was, she couldn't see the thing watching her. Belle was about to lay her head down and fall asleep again before she heard a creak from next to her. Her hair stood on its end as she turned around before sighing a sigh or relief. It was just Echo. She must of woken him up.

"Sorry about waking you up." Belle whispered to the robot. "It's alright!" Echo replied before his head suddenly turned to the exit of the cave. "Did you hear that?" "That's the reason why I woke up." Belle answered, slight fear in her voice. "Should we tell the others?" "We need to go investigate first." Echo said before standing up. Belle could tell it was hard for him to get up due to the rust that covered his outer metal coat, and she stood up quickly before he could so she could help him up.

Echo was the first to exit the cave. His eyes glowed a bright amber colour. This made his eyes look like stars that were about to hit the Earth in the darkness of the night. If he wasn't so rusty he would of made the perfect predator. Belle followed behind, looking around nervously. She was bent over, seeming to be hiding in the grass. She was terrified. What was it? Would it hurt them? These thoughts kept repeating in her mind. Eventually the robot stopped moving. He looked behind himself, signalling that there was something infront of him. Belle held her breath. Echo dived his hands in the grass in an attempt to catch something. There was a loud squeaking noise as if a dog toy had been stepped on. He had caught something.

Echo lifted his hands up so he could see what he had caught. "Hey, put me down!" The creature squealed. It was like a tiny, furry dragon. It had antennae and wings similar to that of a moth, and was also a whitish colour like a moth too. Its four eyes seemed to be focussing on the robot. Its tail was straight and stiff. Echo let go of the fae as it dusted any rust off its fur with its claws before looking at him and Belle. Its tail became less stiff as it had a realisation. "Ah yes! Sorry about scaring you! I'm Apollo! I was sent b y Aldrich to welcome you and the rest of your group. He also wanted me to tell you that he would like you to meet him tomorrow morning. Wait no. You must meet him tomorrow morning! I must head back to him now. Goodbye, and remember. Or else." Apollo giggled as he finished his speech. Belle and Echo couldn't tell it he was joking about the "or else" part, but ignored it anyways. "We need to tell the others." Belle whispered to Echo. The robot nodded in agreement as they made their way back to the cave.

Belle felt like they had been outside for a long time. She was already cold and was about to fall asleep before she remembered she had to tell the others. Meanwhile, Echo, being a robot, couldn't feel a thing. He walked over to the rest of the group, who were all sleeping, and nudged Kai. The master of fire was still asleep. Echo them moved to Jay and nudged him. No reaction as well. Belle came over and nudged Kai as well. Again, nothing. They nudged all of them, trying to wake them up. Echo walked over to Zane and moved his leg back. Belle didn't know what he was trying to do before he was too late. She jumped infront of him, getting kicked. Now, due to being made out of solid metal, Echo was strong, and the same was with his kicks. They were so strong they could shatter bone if he kicked at full speed. The good news was that Belle wasn't kicked at full speed. The bad news is that it still hurt. Belle fell over, tearing up from the pain. In a panic, Echo helped her up and layed her down on her bed of straw. "Sorry." He said to crying Belle who gave him a thumbs up. She was shaking badly, both from the cold and from the pain of the kick. She layed down, falling asleep. Echo laughed nervously before laying down too, deactivating himself. They would just tell the rest of the group about the meeting in the morning. They had plenty of time, right?

A random note: Wow, over a hundred views! This is a milestone I won't forget. I know I'm saying this in every chapter now, but thank you all so much again! I've noticed that I have some consistent readers, and I wanna say thanks to you the most. Your the type of people who keep me going! Also, I want to apologise for not uploading for a while. Basically, there was Christmas and school. Not to mention I started a deviantart account. I probably won't be uploading in a while (again).