~I Lo...Miss You~

Magsimula sa umpisa

My finger rested on the home button. Prolonging the inevitable. Although our room was quite high I could still hear the bustle of the streets below.

The festival went on even in the night after all. Wouldn't it be funny if I went back to the market and got some food or something.

"Stop it." My partner scolded me. "You're procrastinating. Just do it!"

I sighed and quickly found his contact.

"Fine."

~~~

ring

.

.

.

ring

.

.

.

ring

.

.

.

Oh I knew it. He's busy, or asleep, or he just doesn't want to pick up.

I held my phone to my ear with my right hand and my left was clutching my elbow. I nervously tapped against the glass of the railing with my heel as my back leaned on the metal bars.

I should end the call right now. I scoffed aloud.

"Maybe this wasn't a good id-"

"Hello?"

My back immediately straightened as I grabbed the phone with both hands, afraid it would plummet off the fairly large balcony.

Oh, the effect this boy has on me. Even from just his voice my heart reacted in such a way that I was sure it had left my chest.

My palms were starting to get sweaty. It's fine! I've talked to him before. Why should it be any different?

"Hey there Free. Miss me?" That was so lame. He chuckled a bit.

"Definitely, I was wondering when you were going to call." Ah see, nothing to worry about. He was expecting the call.

"Pathetic."

"Shut it."

"Sorry to keep you waiting. How have you been going over there?" I heard shuffling from the other line before a content sigh. "And, where are you?" I added.

"Rooftop. Things are fine I guess. It isn't really hard anyway. My battles."

"Mm, well we have a battle with SB Rios soon."

"I know." He answered a little too quickly.

"Oh?" I replied. "Have you been keeping up with our battles?" A hint of a smirk playing on my lips.

I let myself rest on the railings again as the familiarity of our conversations eased my needless worries.

"Heh, whatever keeps me hooked, I watch it." His chuckle was nice to hear after so long.

"How flattering." I laughed.

A comfortable silence hung in the air as I stared at the buildings around me. They were beautiful at night.