Rooftop

"Ow! Ok ok, I'm up!" Valt jerked his head away as he felt someone harshly pinching his ear. "I literally shouted at you! How'd you not wake up?" It was Rantaro. "I dunno, maybe you suck at shouting," Valt said as he stuck out his tongue. "Wha-! You take that back!" The blonde barked, Valt ignored him, and just stretched. He climbed out of bed and headed to the door, "Alright, imma go take a shower," the bluenette mumbled, tired still. "Hey!" The blonde called from behind, making Valt turn.

Valt then flinched as something soft was thrown at his face. He caught it just as it was falling off his face, "Ah! Right, my clothes, thanks!" Valt chimed before turning again and heading to the shower.
.
.
Shu got out of the shower and dried his face that was dripping with water. He sighed as he thought of his agenda for today..though, unfortunately, his mind ended up wondering to the bluenette. He couldn't help it, 'I should just tell him..?' He exhaled and buried his face into the towel. After a few moments, he continued to dry himself off, before putting his clothes on. He kept a towel around his shoulders, and then left the restroom.

He headed to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. He then went over to the stove and turned the heat on, before placing a pan on the stove. He went over to the fridge and grabbed his needed ingredients, before letting his mind wonder again. He took out an egg and cracked it, before opening it and putting it into a bowl he had near access to. By now, he was basically on autopilot, making his morning meal. 'How long can I even keep these feelings hidden?'

.

.

.

.

The day felt like it went by fairly quickly, the albino grabbed his bag and placed it on only one shoulder, as he kept one hand on the strap. He still felt lost in thought, which was probably why he felt like the day went so fast. He couldn't seem to pay attention long enough..he hoped he'd be able to push this aside tomorrow so he could focus more, and not get behind on school work. He made his way to the rooftop, still half on autopilot. Once he reached the top, he pushed open the door and saw he was the first one there, he went to his own solo stadium on the other side of the rooftop, so he could think some more.

.

.

.

.

Valt waited by the bottom of the stairs, waving big, with a smile just as big. He saw Daigo coming over, next to Wakiya. Once they reached him, Wakiya made a comment: "You know, we already saw ya from over there, moron. You didn't have to keep waving." Valt shrugged, "Waving is fun! But beyblading is more fun! Come on- race you there!" he said as he rushed up the stairs, almost tripping immediately, but he just continued to rush up anyway. Once he reached the top, he stopped to catch his breath, before opening the rooftop door. "Oh! Guess i'm the first one!" He chimed as he then ran over to the stadium.

It was quiet as he was waiting for Daigo and Wakiya to come up the stairs..He then heard a sound coming from the other side of the rooftop and he curiously went over. "Ah! It's Shu.." He said under his breath as he saw the blader training. The albino seemed lost in thought..Valt debated whether he should go up and greet him..before finally deciding to go up to him. He was curious to why Shu wasn't at the other stadium. "Hey Shu!" He chimed happily. Though, he didn't receive an answer back..The albino still seemed focused.

Spryzen started to lose it's momentum and Shu bent down to pick Spryzen up, before putting it back onto the launcher. "Shuuuu?" Valt whined as he went closer, the bluenette then went and tugged on the albino's sleeve. He saw Shu turn his head, then got startled, "Valt?" he said.  "You seem so focused, whatcha thinkin' bout? a new move?" Valt said, nosily peering near Shu's arm. Shu scooted away, however, "I..uh.." he averted his eyes from the bluenette. Valt smiled cheekily at Shu, he felt really happy with him right now. "We'll be waiting for you back at the other stadium whenever you're ready!" he said. He saw Shu give a silent, small nod. Valt frowned a bit as Shu seemed..bothered. 

Valt remembered how Shu had seemed bothered throughout the weekend too. 'Is he hiding something from me? Just like..Just like when he injured his arm?' he thought. He felt his emotions start to swirl in him; a bitter feeling because Shu still wasn't sharing things with him..worry because he wondered what bad thing possibly could be plaguing Shu..sadness too, because Shu still didn't trust him enough to share problems with him. "Shu.. are you alright?"

.

.

Shu bit his lip from the conflicting emotions that swirled in his chest and stomach.."Shu.. are you alright?" The bluenette's question brought Shu completely back to reality. He looked at the bluenette and saw a sad look on his face. "O-oh.. yeah, i'm fine. Sorry, I guess i'm just not feeling myself today..maybe I should go home," he said as he glanced to the side and started to walk away..but he was stopped. Valt had grabbed his arm. He turned to look at Valt..but now Valt seemed upset. Shu thought Valt looked like an angry, pouting kitten, but he pushed that away right now. "It's not just today, Shu." Valt said. The bluenette then gave a worried look, his eyebrows furrowing up, "I've seen it on the weekend too," he said. Valt then approached Shu, letting go of his arm.

"Shu..I'm your best friend!..Why can't you tell me whenever something is bothering you?" He said with a desperate, saddened hint in his voice. "Valt. I'm fin-" Shu started, getting a bit frustrated as he was getting uncomfortable..with all the emotions he was already feeling, and now with the emotions intensified with Valt here. It wasn't helping that..that Valt was trying to pry something out of him- that he couldn't even tell him. Valt had cut Shu off from his statement, however, "No! You're not, and do you know why I can tell?"

.

.

Valt felt the heightened happiness he was feeling earlier, now replaced with extreme sadness. "Because- i'm- your best friend!" He expressed. He saw Shu look away again, he seemed to be hesitating on saying something. The albino then shook his head, "You remember how when I hurt my arm and I didn't tell you?" He said, looking to Valt again. Valt nodded, "Yes! You were hurting then and didn't tell me either!" he said. Shu shook his head, "I found a way that didn't require me to use that injured arm. Valt. I worked it out." He explained. Valt stared at him in disbelief, he didn't know why, but this still pierced him deeply, "So..you're still going to go through this without me?" he breathed, the hurt he was feeling, slipping into his voice. He pushed past Shu and rushed off. 'Why does everything hurt so much?' he shut his eyes.

(A/N: AaAaAaAa Sorry for the super late update! ;0;" My creative brain stopped working, then I got busy on Thanksgiving Break- and then I got/am still sick ;;w;;".. So sorry if this chapter is a bit like- not as well written as the other ones- this sickness makes me feel disoriented..But anyway! to make up for my absence- enjoy this longer than usual chapter!)