Decorate!

"Guys!" The little girl's voice called from downstairs. Valt looked over to the door, "Oh?" He said quietly, then reached to pause the movie. He stopped in his movement as he felt the soft, familiar hand, who was also reaching to pause the movie. He had accidently placed his hand on Shu's. The albino quickly snatched his hand back, startling Valt a bit. The bluenette looked up at Shu, "What's wrong?" He asked a bit surprised. The albino was looking to the side with his eyes widened a bit. Valt noticed Shu's cheeks start to turn a shade of pink, but he only noticed it briefly as the albino then shook his head and quickly stood up.

"Nothing..sorry-" Shu said as he then quickly walked to the door. Valt watched as Shu left the room, he saw Rantaro's surprised expression too. "That was weird.." Valt said as he tilted his head in confusion. He saw Rantaro glance to the side, but then the blonde got up, "Come on, let's go see what the twins want," he said. Valt then remembered the cake and smiled big, he shot up. "Oh right! Maybe the cake is done!" He exclaimed excited.

Rantaro gave a cheeky smile, then the two boys headed out of the room. Valt happily moved downstairs with Rantaro behind him, he heard the twins talking in the kitchen. "Hey," Valt greeted as he peeked through the kitchen entrance, before entering. Shu glanced at Valt as he entered, but then looked back to the twins. "Hey! Do you want to help us decorate?" Nika said with a smile, "Yeah! It'll be more fun with all of us," Toko chimed.

Valt gave a big smile, "Sweet! Sounds fun," he said cheekily. "Sure," Rantaro agreed too with a smile, Shu gave a small shrug, with his usual, calm, welcoming smile, "Sure, why not," he said to the twins. Nika giggled, then Toko grabbed some of the Pastry bags and handed them to the boys. "I made some little cookies to put around the cake, so I'll be at the other counter decorating those," Nika informed as she made her way over to the other counter. Valt then moved next to his little brother so he could decorate the cake, "We should add a base of icing, what color do you think it should be?" Toko asked his big brother. "Orange is a cool color," Rantaro commented as he went over to the two.

"Aw, I was gonna say blue, blue is a cooler color," Valt argued lightly. Toko nodded, "I think blue is a cooler color too," he agreed. Shu then stepped in, "But it is fall..So I think orange would work better," the albino agreed with the blonde's choice. "Well.." Toko thought for a moment, "I agree with Shu, I think it'd be nice to decorate the cake with the theme of fall in mind," Nika commented. "Yeah, sorry bro," Toko agreed with his sister. Valt gave a little pout at how no one wanted his choice.

Valt then felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked over to see the albino giving a gentle smile, "You can decorate other things in blue though, blue goes with orange." Valt smiled at Shu, "Alright!" He said cheekily with determination. He heard Shu give a warm, inner chuckle. "I've never iced a cake before, how would make an orange icing base?" Rantaro asked as he moved over to Toko to get a better watch of how he was going to do it. Toko grabbed the Cake Scraper, then gave a little giggle, "Like this," he said. As Toko started adding the icing to the cake and explaining it to Rantaro, Valt started talking to Shu.

"You know how to do this too, right? Since you cook," Valt chimed with a big smile at Shu. Shu tilted his head with a small smile, though his eyebrows furrowed up a bit, "Cooking is different than baking, Valt.." Shu said. "But I do know a bit of baking, I just don't do it as often," he continued. Valt tilted his head a bit as he looked up at Shu, 'Cooking is different than baking..? Oh, I didn't know that,' he thought. He saw Shu look away from him, and Valt got a bit confused again. "So..what are you going to decorate the cake with?" Shu asked, "Hm..I'm not sure.." Valt said as he looked at the icing bag in his hand and thought. "Oh! Maybe I can put little blue acorns!" He chimed. "You can add red leaves," Valt chimed the idea at Shu.

Shu smiled at Valt, "Sure," he agreed.