Caught

Shu glanced to the side as the bluenette sat next to him. Rantaro then started to talk to Valt about a show, so Shu simply listened to them, though, he didn't really understand what they were talking about. "Shu!" the bluenette's voice made Shu look over. Valt then moved his ice cream up to Shu's face, surprising the albino for a moment. "Taste it! Since you didn't get anything," Valt chimed as he tilted his head a bit. "You're sick, Valt," Shu reminded him again with a sweatdrop going down his cheek. "I didn't lick this side! Plus..i'm getting better," he said that last part with a bit of a whine.

Shu paused for a moment, then gave a little, silent sigh. He stuck out his tongue a bit to the ice cream that was already close to his mouth, and slid his tongue across the cold surface. He immediately tasted the sweetness of the treat as it connected with his tastebuds. He then moved back as he had taken his lick, he glanced at the bluenette who was beaming. "Good, right!" Valt asked excitedly.

Shu gave a small nod, "Yeah, it's good," he agreed. He thought the flavor Valt got was a bit more sweet than what he'd personally get, but it was Valt after all. Valt then went back to licking his ice cream happily. Shu thought Valt looked like a puppy..and acted like one too. There was a silence, and in the back of Shu's mind, there was something telling him that because of that, something was 'off.' He also felt that feeling, the usual feeling that'd make someone turn and look around, but this too, was in the back of his mind.

Valt licked too close on one lick and accidentally touched his nose to the cold treat, making him give a little surprised, small breath. He gave an almost silent giggle, and used the back of his hand to wipe off the sticky liquid that lightly coated his nose. He then continued to lick his ice cream happily. Shu realized that he was staring and jolted gently, before turning his head away, when he found Rantaro looking at him. He stared back at Rantaro for a moment. Rantaro blinked.

Shu then felt his face start to burn as he felt embarrassment settle in, he looked away sheepishly. He felt a bit of panic flare up in his chest too. Rantaro then started talking again to Valt about another show, in which Shu just continued to look away, trying to calm himself silently. 'Shoot..' he thought to himself.
.
.
.
.
Shu watched as Valt happily walked down the sidewalk, a bounce in the bluenette's step as Valt let out a happy giggle. Shu couldn't help, but smile gently at this. "I wonder how the twins are doing since we left them alone," Shu heard Rantaro think outloud. Shu looked to Rantaro, "I think they seem capable of staying alone, right?" Shu said. Rantaro shrugged, then a playful smile formed on his lips, "I know they're more responsible than him," Rantaro said as he pointed to the bluenette who was still beaming from his sweet treat.

Valt seemed to be too happy to pay attention to the two talking behind him. "Yeah," Shu agreed with a nod and a small smile. "..Say," Rantaro started as he moved his hands to the tops of the books in his pants, resting them there. "You and Valt are pretty close right?" Rantaro continued. Shu averted his eyes from the chocolate eyes, 'Ugk.. is this about earlier..great..' he felt his cheeks start to burn lightly. 'Just how exactly was I looking at Valt earlier?' he bit his lip. "Er, yeah, I mean we've been friends since we were little kids.." the albino said with a shrug.

"Yeah, with Xander too," Rantaro said. "Valt seems to hang out with you more though..but then again, Xander is..harder to access.." he said with a groaning tone, Shu assumed Rantaro was remembering the long hike they had to do to get to the Dojo. Shu looked back to the bluenette who was now humming happily. "Its cool that you guys have stayed friends since that long," Rantaro continued. "Well, its not exactly easy to stop being friends with Valt," Shu commented with a hint of amusement in his voice. Rantaro let out a chuckle, "Yeah, he'd never let that happen, he sticks on like glue to whoever he meets," he agreed.

Shu smiled amused and gave a nod. "Ah! We're back home~!" Valt chimed as he stopped with a bounce near his house's mailbox. "Let's go see what Toko and Nika are up to," he said with a smile at his friends, then went up to the door. Valt then put in the extra key he had into the door lock and opened the door. Immediately as the boys entered, a sweet aroma hit their noses. Giggling and talking came from the kitchen.

Valt went over to the kitchen, Shu and Rantaro following from behind. "Hey! What's that sweet smell!" Valt said excited, the twins looked over. "We are baking a cake!" Toko chimed, "Yeah! All by ourselves!" Nika chimed. "Its not ready yet, but it smells great, doesn't it?" Toko said cheekily. Valt gave a rapid nod, "It does!" He chuckled. Shu watched as Valt chimed with his siblings, a warm, soft smile forming on the albino's lips.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter came out late! I've been a busy bee recently qwwq")