s e v e n t e e n

Start from the beginning

She left her bag in her locker and went to the selected hallway at the juniors' classes. Jisung trailed behind her aimlessly.

"So, about the project. Have you thought about it?" Jisung initiated the discussion.

"Not yet. Have you?"

Jisung replied with a no and she sighed, "Actually I have," she said. "You know the poison tree?"

"Ah, getting a little bit poetic, aren't we?" Jisung chuckled. "What about it?"

"I just thought of painting a foe, in the form of an apple just like the poem."

"Like the Cinderella story."

Eunkyung hummed, "Something similar to that, but we are not including the Cinderella, Han. I'm talking about the apple." she threw him a bored look. Jisung just nodded. "In a tree that we thought is safe for us, there'd be at least one apple that is harmful but the tree doesn't tell about it when it was the one who produced the poisoned one."

"It won't be an original one, Eunkyung. We are taking the poet's ideas."

"No, we aren't," she said with a thoughtful look. With that being said they arrived at the hallway and saw Seungmin was already there with his sleeves rolled up to his arms and his coat was hanging on the wall. The princess was startled a bit, "You're fast."

"It's you who took a long time. I've been waiting for a few minutes." the male replied as he took a damp cloth from the pail that was filled with soap water. "What is Jisung doing here?"

"We were discussing about the project, don't mind him." she said while placing the books on a table provided next to a locker. There were students from the below grade in the classes. She took a deep breath. "This is going to be embarrassing."

"As long as you don't drop the books." Jisung butted in. "I'll be staying here."

"You cannot shout when there's people in the class, Han."

"And you cannot disturb her focusing on the books or they will fall." Seungmin intervened.

Eunkyung groaned before turning to Han. "Anyways, about the project. It is not a copy from the poet if we alter and add some elements."

"Like what?"

Seungmin had started wiping the windows. He had to use a small stair for him to reach the top of the window because of the huge size.

"As I said earlier, the tree knows it but doesn't tell anyone. Technically the tree is a foe too," she explained and Jisung nodded in understanding while his fingers picked on his lips. "And the tree is the biggest enemy. You put your trust in it but turns out it is an alliance with the poisoned apple."

Her voice went one octave lower. Seungmin paused from doing his work and that didn't go unnoticed by Jisung. Jisung's fingers stopped moving too as if he was trying to process what she meant.

The atmosphere between those three was tense a bit. Eunkyung subtly observed Jisung's reaction while choosing the first book she was going to bring. She could see how her best friend looked at Seungmin behind her.

After a few seconds of silence she spoke up, "I think that's all for now. You can sketch or choose the colors. We'll discuss it again on other day."

The male nodded. He averted his gaze from Seungmin, "Alright, see you tomorrow. Goodluck for not embarrassing yourself."

"Haha, shut up." she sarcastically laughed. Jisung threw her a wink before leaving the hallway.

"Goodluck too, Your Highness." Seungmin said and Eunkyung mentally cursed herself. She picked one book and put it on her head. "You must have practiced doing this in the royal classes."