Lost

Ship: RedFinch
Pov: Changes
Triggers: Running away, divorce, sadness
I'm sorry for the late update

Lost. It's a funny word, isn't it? It's almost strange, if you think about it. On the one hand, you can be mentally lost, the mind isolating itself and unknowing where, or whom to turn to in a hour of need. On the other, less poetic, hand, you can be physically lost, darkness clouding your way at every turn like some kind of monster gate-keeper. And Albert, even more strangely, seemed to be both of these at the exact same time.

He knew he'd messed up, he knew he was going to regret this in the morning, but wasn't it better to live a life of happiness with a..friend than suffer with a woman who hated him?

Casey sat at the kitchen counter, lips pursed tightly as she drank from the tacky, ugly yellowish mug. She didn't need him. To her, it was getting rid of excess baggage, both emotional and physical. He thought he could sneak out in the middle of the night without even a thought to say goodbye? Well, good riddance! She'd never been one for married life anyway. Casey always preferred the less committed lifestyle, messing around, never staying long, without the icky mess called feelings. She'd never had been, and would probably never be, one for feelings.

This was going to end badly, Finch could feel it in his gut. This was illegal, they could be hanged for this! But Finch loved Albert, with his lopsided smirk and his annoyingly perfect red hair. Love could make people do stupid things. Look at Bonnie and Clyde, that was for love, wasn't it?! But he and Albert weren't going to just suddenly pull out guns and starts killing people, or robbing innocent strangers. They just wanted to love each other without stupid, ignorant people feeling the need to butt in with their unhelpful, annoying and down right rude opinion. Unfortunately, the world wasn't that nice.

This was going to end badly, they all knew. But still, Albert and Finch walked hand in hand away from the house. Lost, but never alone.