Wedding bells

Ship: Jackcrutchie
Pov: Jack
Trigger warning: death, depression
Grab some tissues for this one, I'm gonna break your heart

The day had finally arrived, and to say Jack was excited was a understatement. It wasn't unusual that Jack couldn't sit still,but he was practically bouncing off the walls. Everything was set up as he had imagined, and apparently God had recognised what a special occasion it was as a few rays of hopeful sunshine peeked through the sapphire curtains. A pit of worry settled in his stomach, filling his brain with irrational what ifs that he really didn't need right now.

"Oi, Cowboy!" Race called, poking his head around the doorway. His signature cigar hung from his mouth, despite multiple attempts from Davey, Jack and Spot to make him leave the thing at home. Apparently for the 'couple aesthetic', he and Spot were wearing matching suits, from Buttons and Sarah. The latter had made all the suits and dresses over many sleepless nights, most of the guests not being able to afford new clothes for the occasion.

"Jackie! Jeez, cmon, it's Showtime!" Snapping him out of his spiral of what ifs and fictional situations of diasters and terror, Race made jazz hands at him. Jack followed his best man into the idyllic gardens, covered in vines and flowers of varying colours and sizes. He would appreciated the beauty in these plants if he wasn't so nervous.

His heart stopped when he saw his soon-to-be husband. Dressed in a simple all-white suit and with the sun glowing magically behind him, he looked like a angel sent from heaven above. And Jack didn't believe in heaven. Crutchie's freckles were like stars, mini galaxys across his adorable face, telling multiple stories and hiding many of past events at the same time.

-Time skip because I've never been to a wedding and don't know what happens-

"I do" The angel, as other knew as Crutchie, spoke. Two words, two little words that somehow brought Jack to the verge of tears. Jack Kelly, the Jack Kelly, strike leader and Manhatten leader, who never cried, was on the verge of tears. And he'd be lying if he said they weren't the best tears he had ever felt.

"You may kiss the groom" The marriage officiant, a bad-tempered, annoyed old man who looked like he would rather be anywhere but there, announced. Crutchie came closer to him, the sunlight shining perfectly upon them. Jack closed his eyes and leaned forward....
_________________________________________

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. His phone rang out noisily, echoing down the half-empty apartment annoyingly. Grunting as he was brought rapidly back to the hard truth of reality from the contentedness of fantasy and make-believe. It was only then that he s infelt the cold space beside him, painfully reminding him of the very thing he had been so desperate to forget. Jack's glance fell upon the opposite side of the double bed, where his fiancé slept no more. Then it fell again upon the crutch, leaning haphazardly against a the wall.

Even now it was a dream, the one that makes you question what was fake and what was reality. Jack had no time for dreams anymore, there's was work to be done and business to attend to. Not even Santa Fe, because that wasn't just his dream, it was their's and- no, he shouldn't think about it. Standing up, he gave himself one last look at the cold side of the bed, where his fiancé could lay no more.

(What's that sound? Oh, that's the sound of my heart breaking over my own writing)