Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF

Começar do início

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Stilinski asked and Argent looked over at Fallon and Allison. "Where else has Stiles been showing up?" He asked and Fallon thought for a moment, "The school and the hospital." Fallon answered.

"Okay, hold on- we did this already. He disappeared, we started looking for him... then walked right into a trap at the hospital." Derek said making them realize what he was getting at, "He's getting us to repeat the same moves."

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison asked and Fallon shook her head, "We can't. The Oni will go after him the second the sun goes down. Scott's working on that right now with Kira, but there's no telling how that'll take." Fallon said glancing around at all of them.

"That's the problem- we're all trying to out fox the Fox." Argent said making them all look down, "Listen... I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Stilinski said making them all look at him and Derek scoffed, "I won't be the first Wolf to run from a Fox." He said, grabbing a taser and Fallon smirked slightly.

"I was made to guard supernatural and anyone affiliated with it. It would be embarrassing give that up because of a fox spirit." Fallon said making Stilinski smile at her in thanks. "Apparently, I'm carrying a lightsaber." Argent said looking at Allison, "Dad, you, Derek and Stilinski hit Eichen House. Fallon, it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison said and they nodded.

🦊

Fallon and Allison stepped into the elevator at the hospital and Fallon pressed one of the buttons before glancing at Allison. "You know, I've met a lot of people in my life and you're probably one of the stringent and most fearless person I've met. It's quite impressive that you're even able to keep up your grades." Fallon said and Allison pursed her lips.

"I am... failing Econ..." She said and Fallon sighed, "Yeah, I'll talk to Coach about that." Fallon said before glancing at Allison to see her taking a deep breath as her eyes were glossy. Fallon quickly flipped the switch to stop the elevator before gently grabbing Allison's arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Fallon asked and Allison shook her head, "I'm not... fearless... I'm terri-terrified. I'm always terrified. I... I act like I know what I'm doing, but I don't. I don't know if Isaac is dying right now... I don't know if I made a mistake with Scott... I don't know what my dad is thinking... I don't know if we should trust Derek... I don't know..." Allison said before taking a shakey deep breath.

"I don't know anything..." She said before Fallon grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. Allison wrapped her arms around Fallon while laying her head on Fallon's shoulders. "It doesnt sound right but trust me when I say this- You got to be scared to become fearless. And you're just a teenager having to deal with literal demons and werewolves, it's fine if you don't know what your doing." Fallon said and Allison took a deep breath.

"Isaac's gonna be okay, some wounds just take longer to heal. Maybe you made a mistake with Scott, maybe you didnt. That's something that you'll figure out in time. And no one ever really knows what your dad thinks, sometimes it might be better that we don't. And for Derek, you can trust him and if there's ever a moment you can't, I'll be there to put him in his place. I'm not afraid to." She said making Allison chuckle before pulling back slightly.

"You are strong, remember that." Fallon said and Allison smiled at her, "Thanks." She said and Fallon smiled softly at her. Fallon's phone started ringing making her pull it out to see Stilinski calling her.

🦊

Stilinski, Fallon, Allison, Argent and Derek slowly and cautiously walked into Stiles bedroom, looking around. "What is all this? What are these sticky notes for?" Argent asked looking at a chess board. There was sticky notes on the pieces with names written on them.

"This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about... all of you." Stilinski said and Fallon walked over looking at the board, "Well, maybe it's a message from Stiles- the real Stiles." Allison suggested. "Do you think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek asked and Fallon nodded, "And I'm on the queen?" Fallon asked.

"The Queen is the powerful piece and protects the king and Derek is heavily guarded." Stilinski said making Fallon smirk slightly, looking at Derek with raised eyebrows. "Though, I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." Stilinski said as they all looked at the board.

"It's not a message from Stiles- it's a threat from the Nogitsune." Argent said looking up at all of them, "He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us. And he wants us to come there." He finished. "Night's falling..." Fallon said as she looked at the window, "This couldn't sound any more like a trap." Argent said and Stilinski shook his head. "I don't think it is..." He said and Argent looked at him, "I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff." He said and Stilinski looked up at all of them.

"Hear me out! What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive- no rhyme or reason, right?" Stilinski asked looking at Fallon and she nodded, "Meaning what?" Argent asked. "Our enemy is not a killer... It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product." Stilinski said.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that..." Derek said and Fallon shook her head, getting what Stilinski was saying. "It wont. The Nogitsune is a trickster spirit, it wants irony... It wants a joke." Fallon said looking over at Stilinsk who nodded, "All we need to do is come up with a new punchline."

"The sun is setting, Sheriff... What do you have in mind?"