"Do you want to continue our movie marathon?" Chloe whispered, hoping that would cheer her up. Mary smiled slightly as she looked up, nodding to the other girl. She loved watching movies with her; she could discover new things about the world, she could see new places and learn so much about humans and their traditions.

"I would love to... if it's not a problem!" Mary answered, still a bit uncertain of her words. Sometimes, she felt like she needed to think a hundred times before speaking, afraid to say the wrong thing. It wasn't because she was afraid Chloe would hurt her; she just didn't want to disappoint her somehow. The human had given her so much already, she couldn't risk hurting her in any way.

"Of course it's not, I love spending time with you." Chloe seemed to begin to understand Mary's behaviour. The borrower didn't want to be a burden to her; Chloe had to be sure to always reassure her in any way she could.

The human stood up from her seat, placing her mug in the sink and deciding she would wash it later. Mary held on to her shirt, closing her eyes and waiting for her movements to stop. She was glad Chloe was moving slowly, trying to be as gentle as possible when she held her.

Chloe made her way to the living room, before sitting down on the couch and checking on the little girl in her hands. "Everything's good?" she asked tentatively, hoping she hadn't scared Mary somehow. She was still uncertain about what she could or couldn't do, but the borrower didn't seem upset at her.

"Yes, I am good," Mary answered right away, looking up and smiling at her. "I just don't like heights very much," the little girl admitted, shivering slightly even at the thought. Chloe widened her eyes, frowning at Mary.

"Really? You are afraid of heights?" she asked with an amused tone. The borrower looked up and crossed her arms, pouting slightly.

"I am not afraid; I just don't like them!" she exclaimed, causing Chloe to giggle.

"Alright alright, you just don't like them," the human repeated sarcastically, knowing well that the little girl just didn't want to admit the truth. Mary frowned even more, giving Chloe's fingers a little nudge.

"It's true! I am not scared!"

Chloe started laughing heartily, trying in vain to keep herself from doing so. The borrower looked at her, confused by her actions and waiting for the human to explain herself. "I-I'm sorry, you just look adorable and I can't take you seriously. You are so cute right now!"

The human couldn't help but tell her the truth, causing the little girl to blush deeply. Mary turned away and hid her face in her hands, stammering a bunch of words. Chloe melted even more at the sight, hugging the borrower once more and placing a kiss on her head out of instinct.

Mary, on the other hand, felt like she was literally on fire. Her heart hammered in her chest as she hid her face in Chloe's shirt, grabbing it with her hands to keep herself from falling to her knees. She had no idea why she felt that way; it was completely different from any other kind of feeling she had ever felt before. She was sure it wasn't fear; she knew what that felt like. Maybe she was getting sick? After all, her knees felt wobbly and her cheeks had flushed bright red.

Yeah, she was definitely getting sick.

"Let's continue yesterday's movie," Chloe suggested, not realising just yet how much her actions had affected the little girl in her hands. Mary nodded, moving her face slightly from her shirt and looking at the screen in front of them. Chloe lay down slowly, still keeping Mary close to her chest and protecting her with her hand. The borrower followed suit, placing her head on Chloe's chest and listening to the soft thrumming of her heart.