Stay

Charlie's POV:

I stayed in Lizzie's lap calming down with my bottle in one hand and my other holding onto her shirt. I don't wanna wake up, because then I have to go and I wanna stay with Scarly and Lizzie.

After I calmed down, Lizzie pulled me back so she could see me better.

'Why don't you wanna wake, honey?' She asked me.

'I wanna stay wif you!' I cried out.

'Baby, you can still sit on my lap if you're awake. All you have to do is ask.' She tells me. She doesn't get it. I shake my head.

'No, I wanna stay with you!' I say louder.

'What do you mean?' Scarly says.

I look at my hands as I feel the embarrassment rushing to my cheeks. Lizzie lifts my chin.

'What do you mean you wanna stay?'she clarifies.

'You and Scarly said I stay the night, but I don't wanna go. If I wake up than I have to go and I no wanna go.' I explain. Scarlett walks over and kneels down beside us.

'Aww, nugget. We said at least the night. If you don't wanna go, then you don't have to. Plus, we're not gonna let you leave unless we know you're safe. Ok?' Scarly tells me. Yay! I don't have to go. I nod my head.

'Can we tell you a little secret?' Lizzie adds. I nod my head excitedly. I love secrets.

'You get to stay with us for a week! And then, your case worker is gonna come to see if you can stay longer!' Scarly says, smiling at me.

'Really! Sophie's coming!' I almost shout. I love Sophie. She's been my case worker since, well always. She's really nice.

'Yeah, does that mean you might wanna stay with us longer than this week?' Lizzie questions. I nod my head and hug her.

I lightly whisper, 'I wanna stay here forever.' But I guess I forgot that Scarly was right next to us because she smiles at me and mouths 'I want that too.' I giggle and she tickles me a little forcing me to turn further into Lizzie. She stands back up and goes to her seat.

'Ok, now that that's settled, will you please eat breakfast?' Lizzie suggests. I shake my head and lean against her chest.

'Still not hungry.' I say and start drinking my bottle. I feel her sigh but she doesn't say anything else as her and Scarly eat breakfast. I can sorta hear their conversation but ignore it while I drink my bottle, cuddled into Lizzie.

After breakfast, they wait for me to finish my bottle, and then we get ready for the day. Scarly dresses me back in my clothes from yesterday and we wait in the living room for Lizzie to finish.

'So, we definitely need to do some shopping if Charlie's gonna be staying here for a while!' Lizzie announces walking into the room.

'Definitely.' Scarly says. They keep talking and the only thing I hear is we'll be leaving soon.

A Wish I Never Knew I NeededOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara