Trust

'Hey, hey. Shh. Shh. Shh. No one said anything about sending you back, we're just trying to make sure you're safe.' Scarly, I think was her name, told me.

I looked down at my lap, 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freak out.'

Lizzie lifted my chin, 'Baby, don't apologize, you were just scared. Can you tell us why you don't wanna go back?'

'Mr.Robins and the other kids are mean.' I say.

'How so?' Scarly asks.

'They don't like me and barely even notice me. Sometimes the older kids say mean things and push me around. Mr.Robins doesn't even pay attention to me unless I'm being punished because I was bad.' I explained.

Lizzie went back to cleaning my cuts and it stung so I winced and she told me she was sorry it hurt. It was over soon enough and she was putting plasters on my cuts.

'Hey, nugget, what do you say about staying here for the night? It's already getting dark out and we can talk more about this whole situation in the morning. You've had a pretty eventful time the past twenty minutes and you look really tired.

'It's otay, I don't want to be a problem.' I say, although I really want to stay. Scarly and Lizzie are really nice and I like them a lot, but I don't think they feel the same.

'Honey, we wouldn't have asked if you were going to be a problem. So, do you want to stay, the night at least?' Lizzie added.

I nodded shyly and responded, 'Yes, please.' They smiled at me and Lizzie finished putting the plasters on my elbows.

'While you two finish up, I'm gonna go make a quick call and head to the living room.' Scarly said and left. Lizzie looked at my hands shortly before wiping them with a wipe and telling me that they just hurt from the shock of hitting the ground.

'So, missy, how old are you? I'd like to know so it makes some things easier.' Lizzie told me.

'I'm four!' I say happily.

'Really, so you're a big girl then!' She says matching my tone and I nod in agreement.

'Well, big girl, when's your birthday?' She asks.

'August.' I say.

'That was last month, what day?'She adds.

'The 24th'I state proudly.

I see her eyes light up as she talks, 'That was only two weeks ago, which means we need to celebrate tonight.' I question her and she says that we'll have to eat lots of ice cream after dinner which I am perfectly fine with.

'Alright, cutie, I think Scarlett is probably off the phone and it's starting to get late so I need to start making dinner. How does Mac n' cheese sound?' I nod excitedly and she continues, 'in that case, why don't you go hang out with scarlet while I get dinner ready. The living room is the room we saw when just past the front entranceway.'

She lifts me off the counter and we walk out her to the hallway. She splits off the go to the kitchen and I continue off to the living room.

A/N: Three chapters and we're finally learning more about Charlie.