Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE

Start from the beginning

"We have to go back." Fallon said and Derek nodded before turning around.

Stunned, Derek and Fallon looked at Jennifer and the aftermath of the loft while Cora puts a protective arm around a shell shocked Lydia. Kali laid dead in a puddle of her own blood, many little shards of glass sticking out of her. The also twins laid on the ground not far away from Lydia and Cora.

"You did this for us?" Derek asked skeptically as Jennifer shook her head, "For all of us. For anyone who's ever been their victim-" Jennifer said and Fallon cut her off. "Stop talking like a politician. Stop trying to convince us of your cause!" Fallon yelled and Jennifer shrugged, "Fine. I'll convince you of someone else's- Scott's. You can save his mother, Stiles' father." She said making Fallon and Derek glance at each other.

"How?" Derek asked starting to give in and she started walking towards them, "I need a guardian... And that's a role that can either be filled by the three parents I was forced to take, or by the two." She said and Derek sighed and shook his head. "I can't help you. I'm not even an Alpha anymore." He said and Jennifer shook her head.

"But is still a Moon Phoenix. All I need is for you to help me get Deucalion in the right place at the right time." She said and Fallon shook his head slightly, "You just killed four of them on your own. What do you need us for?" He asked. "You haven't seen him at his strongest- I have. And, if he's got Scott with him, I don't stand a chance unless I have you two." She said.

"Guy, don't trust her." Cora said making Derek and Fallon glance over at her, "Fallon and I both have the eclipse in our favor. But, the moon's only gonna be in the earth's umbral shadow for fifteen minutes. That's the extent of my window. There's no decision to struggle with- help me kill him, and the other's live. Just help me." Jennifer said making Fallon look at her for a moment before walking up to her.

"If you go beyond defeating Deucalion... If you hurt Derek or Scott or anyone else... I will kill you myself."

Deucalion, Scott and Nadia all stood in the abandoned distillery, looking out the door way as a figure walking towards them in the distance. The figure soon became three before Jennifer, Fallon Derek walked into the distillery making Scott's eyes widen. "What are you guys doing?" Scott asked and Derek sighed, "This might be hard to believe, but I'm actually trying to help you." He said and Deucalion smiled in amusement.

"Ooh! Like brother against brother!" Deucalion said as Fallon and Nadia stared at each other, "Or like mother and daughter. How very American this is." He said and Fallon looked at him. "Did you have to bring her? She's only fourteen." Fallon said and Deucalion shrugged slightly, "It was her choice." He said.

"Are you ready, Jennifer? Hmm?" Deucalion asked as he scolded his cane before taking off his jacket. "Did you gather your herbs? Pray to your ancient gods and your oak trees? Slit a baby's throat, perhaps? Should we show them why you needed to sacrifice nine innocent people, just to face me? Or is it twelve now?" Deucalion asked, his voice getting deeper as he shifted.

The color of his skin falls to an ashen gray, shirt tearing at the seams as his features become more sunken. Eyes surging a bright scarlet red as Deucalion becomes the demon wolf. Deucalion growled before running at Jennifer but Derek shifted, running forward before swiping at Deucalion.

Deucalion caught his arm making Derek throw out his other arm which Deucalion also grabbed. Jennifer stepped forward before throwing her arm out, aiming to toss Deucalion but he didnt move an inch.

Deucalion suddenly grabbed both Derek and Jennifer by the throat, lifting them up from the ground, chuckling before tossing them. Derek quickly got up, swinging at Deucalion but Deucalion grabbed him arm before flinging him across the distillery into a stack of tires. Fallon went to step forward but paused when Nadia spoke up.