Ch 3. Reject and Accept

"I have no choice but to kick you out of the exams"

Erasure's words were harsh. His eyes glowed red and his hair continued to float upwards, adding onto his authority. He wasn't playing around. He really wanted to kick Tenko out of the exams.

The crowd of students surrounding them were all in shock. This had to be the first time a participant had been told to leave, let alone by a pro hero and teacher.

"Woah, is he really getting sent home?"

"No way, that's never happened"

"They were going to use their quirks"

"Then how come the loud guy isn't getting the same punishment?"

"Bias?"

"Shush, he can hear you!"

Erasure ignored their comments. They wouldn't understand the severity like he did. Yes, it was indeed unfair that one student would receive this treatment and be the one forced out, when you look closer to why he had to, it becomes more clear. While Bakugo can control the power of his quirk.

Tenko could barely manage.

If he let loose, and lost restraint, all of the students would be in danger. Erasure internally sighed to himself, as the whispers of what he was doing spread out. He would have to explain later to the media if this got out. The school would back him up, but he'd still have to come up with a way to explain his actions while also not jeopardizing the kid's future.

The students' shock was understandable, but it was nowhere near close to the shock on Bakugo's face. His eyes were widened in disbelief, and his teeth were clenched. Bakugo watched as Erasure spoke a few more words to Tenko, but he could see the blue haired boy wasn't even listening, for he was distracted glaring at Bakugo.

Bakugo stared back, matching Tenko's fire. Why the hell was he getting glared at?! He did nothing wrong! He didn't even use his quirk. Bakugo pondered to himself, still staring back, but he couldn't push down a sense of guilt in him.

Tenko on the other hand couldn't be more upset. As soon as he heard Erasure say those words, his entire heart dropped and so did his world. He had been waiting for this day for some time now. It was the moment he could prove to everyone that he can become a hero, that he's grown. Tightly squeezing his hands inside his hoodie's pocket, he began to make scars from his nails as they dug into his skin. He bit down on his teeth. The fire that had been erased momentarily had come back though he couldn't show it physically, but visually, he knew where to look.

Erasure was telling the blue haired boy something, but his voice was slow and blurred. Tenko wasn't listening to him. He couldn't hear anything. Through the hair strands on his face, he glared at Bakugo. He was still tied up in Erasure's capture tape. The blue haired boy glared deeply at him. It was his fault. It's all his fault. He did nothing. He didn't even use his quirk. He was going to!! The words he thought had a hiss to each of them and Tenko hadn't realized that he mumbled a small bit of each, but that didn't matter. This was unfair. This whole society was unfair. He was being wronged. He was the victim!

Fidgeting, Tenko calmed his hands, that had been slightly scratching each other while stationed in his pockets. Bakugo noticed the slight movement as well. He watched as slowly, almost unnoticeably, the blue haired boy was starting to pull out his hand. No. Was he really going to use quirk now? Bakugo for a moment was shocked, but prepared himself anyway. Wasn't the teacher erasing his quirk? Is he the one that was currently quirkless? He shook off the thought. It didn't matter if they were going to fight. Maybe he could get past the teacher, or maybe he could just wait for Tenko to pull something to get to him.