Chapter 19 - Wedding

Shadow Pov:

I woke up and opened my eyes. My body felt better, but was still a little sore in the joints, other than that I felt fine. I felt very much awake, so I sat up.

I was in a warm bed in the middle of small room. I then remembered this as the guest bedroom I stayed in at Leopard Village.

I jumped to my feet and ran to the door. I noticed that I was wearing a new pair of pants, blue this time. I opened the door and walked out.

"Hey, Shadow's awake!" I heard a voice yell. I looked behind the door, and saw my friend.

"Hey, Pingguo." I smiled at him. He smiled back. "How long was I out-" I was cut short when I was tackled from behind.

"Shadow! Your awake!" I turned over and Mai hugged me.

"Careful, he did suffer a ton of internal injuries." Tigress pulled Mai off of me and helped me up.

She pulled me close and kissed me on the lips.

"Ugh, I hate romance." Mai complained. "Come on love bugs, let's eat." Tigress and I pulled away but continued to hold hands as we walked to the dining room.

Tigress and I sat side by side at the table. I was about to speak when the door burst open. "Shadow!" Po bounded in the door followed by the rest of the furious five. They quickly sat opposite the table of me.

"How did you guys get out of the palace?" I questioned Po and Shifu.

"I managed to knock the guards unconscious, and laid down until the drug wore off. I then released Mantis and Crane from the chains and dragged them and Po out of the dungeon. I then hid them, since they were still drugged, and ran to the woods where I heard fighting. By the time I got there, the fighting was done, and Tigress was trying to wake you up." Shifu explained to me.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"About a week." Tigress squeezed my hand.

"What I really wanted to ask you was where that power came from." Shifu demanded.

"The universe."

"Like my power!" Po nearly leapt out of his chair.

---Time skip to sunset---

I packed back and fourth on the grass near the cherry blossom. I had called Tigress to my secret hiding spot, so she would be arriving at any time.

I examined the jade ring that I had purchased a couple of hours ago. I jumped when I heard the pulleys start to spin, meaning Tigress was on the lift. I quick put the ring in my poket, and soon saw the top of her head.

"Hey Tigress." I greeted me.

"Hey Shadow." She walked up to me and kissed me.

I pulled away and stepped back. "I know this is such short notice, and we only met each other about a month ago, but I really like you." I knelt down. "Willy you marry me and be my forever mate?"

Tigress placed her hands over he mouth and gasped. "Yes!" She cried.

I placed the green ring on her hand, and she embraced me with a warm hug and kiss.

"I love you Shadow!" She said between kisses.

"I love you too."

---Wedding day, two months later---

I stood up in front of the crowd, my hands sweating. The music started, and I wiped my hands on my suit.

Tigress strutted down the hall in a beautiful wedding gown, a white veil adorning her head.

She stood next to me, and held my hands. The pastor said his speech, and then asked us our questions.

"Will you Tigress, take Shadow to be your lawfully weded husband?"

"I do." She replied, and looked at me.

"Do you Shadow, take Tigress to be your lawfully weded wife?"

"I do." I smiled at my future wife.

"You may now kiss the bride." I leaned in, and so did Tigress. Our lips met and we kissed passionately. We broke apart and the large crowd cheered.

"I present you, Mr. and Mrs. Shadow Huanghun!"

We turned to face them, and walked down the aisle hand in hand.

"Long live The Shadow Warrior!" the crowd chanted.

I liked my new nickname.

----------

Second to last chapter!

(711 words)