He was overly considerate, waiting for her to use his jacket with a welcoming smile touching upon his serene features.

She gave in, enveloping her arms inside the armholes of the sweater.

Laughing at herself when her arms couldn't even reach the ends of the sleeves, too long for her to wear properly.

Jungkook chuckled once she turned to him, presenting herself in her new and improved outfit.

"You look warmer now." He said, wandering back to his seat on the couch. "Come, sit." His arm was sprawled over the couch, waiting for her body to fasten itself to his.

Devora took up on his kind proposition, plopping herself right beside him.

A small space to keep them at a perfect distance, turning her body to face him for any conversations.

Through all the moving and shifting she was doing to get herself comfortable, part of her shirt had folded up, making a small portion of her lower abdomen expose itself.

It went unattended to Devora, sitting on her knees, and folding her legs to the opposite side.

Jungkook reached his hand over to where her shirt remained folded, pulling it down for her out of courtesy.

Staring at something that wasn't meant to be revealed was wrong, and he knew Devora wouldn't want him to look at places she preferred to keep concealed.

"Your shirt was up." He pulled the part down, drawing his hand back to his thigh.

Devora immediately gasped, her arms enclosing the area that was displayed. "That's so embarrassing. I'm sorry." Shutting her eyes out of mortification.

His expression was soaked with ambiguity fixing his slumped posture. "What do you mean? It's nothing to get all apologetic about."

"It's just. Ugh, I hate them so much."

Her indecipherable response didn't give him much context. She hated what? He didn't see anything that was on her stomach to make her react that way.

Shaking his head. "Wait, what do you mean? Hate what?"

Her shoulders withered, sighing. "I- no, it's nothing. If you didn't see anything, then I'm not gonna bring it up."

Jungkook knew of her former conflicts with food, and how she used to stress eat when she was a child. However, he had yet to find out about her weight problems from those times.

She never told him about all her failed attempts to get on a diet, to settle on a number that she was satisfied to see when she stepped on the scale.

Never content with the measurements of her waist whenever she wrapped ribbon around parts of her body.

Devora struggled to lose weight all through high school— finding the perfect lifestyle for herself didn't come until her last year of high school.

Due to the weight she quickly dropped — and the larger figure she had — stretch marks had formed in certain locations on her body.

Some were creased on her inner thighs, and some even traced sideways on her butt.

Those were never of much concern to her.

The ones that genuinely troubled her were the ones on her lower abdomen and the sides of her hips that rooted upwards.

She never spoke about them to anyone, nobody she ever knew related to her problem.

Everyone had perfect weight, slim and skinny. How could they relate to a problem like stretch marks?

Devora hadn't recognized how quiet she had become, a painstaking expression assembled on her appearance as she pondered quietly to herself.