chapt 8 • Deprived

Start from the beginning

She silently sat and ate her side muffin in peace. "You know, you never told me why you were sent here" Charolette finished chewing her bite.

"When Adeline got accepted to being the Headmaster's assistant, our parents thought it would be a good opportunity for me to be more like her by studying here" she admitted, messing with the wrapper holding her muffin.

"Seems more like a punishment than an opportunity" I walked over to her, she held the muffin up for me to take.

I placed my hand gently over her's and brought the treat up to my lips, taking a small bite out of the blueberry muffin. I watched her pupils dilate and her nervous demeanor return.

"Not bad," I told her truthfully, and once again she began to chew on her bottom lip, putting the muffin gently in the box on her lap. I glide my fingers through my slightly wet hair, going over to my closet to find my uniform.

"I think I should let you get back to what you were doing" she suddenly said when I finished the last bite of the muffin. She stood up in a hurry, grabbing the empty muffin box and waving me off.

She was out my door before I could even thank her again for the muffin.

Though it's been half a week, I still could not believe that Alessio was Carter's son.

He was beyond attractive, I was sitting on my bed peering up at him every five seconds as he twirled the pen between his middle and index finger. Hot.

I was horny and not afraid to admit it, how could I not be?

Whenever he was stuck on something, he adjusted his glasses. When he finally solved it, his lips slightly pursed in a bit of relief. He wrote down so much, the veins in his hands became prominent, he only wore a single silver ring that never seemed to come off his middle finger.

He always had this concentrated expression on his face, his glasses always seemed to slightly fall to his nose a little and he would fix them and I could not help but find it so damn hot.

I poked my cheek with my pen, now wondering what he did in his free time besides reading or studying as he's answered before.

Like the good student he was, he never took off the cross necklace. He hung around his neck, symbolizing that he studied and paid attention to his prayer lectures and attended them each morning.

As if he sensed my gaze, he peaked up. Through the clear lenses protecting those soft eyes.

"Is there something wrong? Something you don't understand?" he spoke with a slight frown, the notes he had given me to help me understand the material for my upcoming test.

I looked down to the textbook in my hand, noticing that I've done nothing in the past thirty minutes but gawk and stare at him and draw a few clouds with smiley faces.

"Everyone but us is at some party and you're here teaching me the formulas for Statistics, why?"

"I don't like the overbearing noise and unnecessary company" he answers, finally solving yet another problem.

"Unnecessary company hm? Is that what I am to you?" I joke lightly but the worry that spreads across his face tells me that he hasn't caught on.

"No of course not, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that parties aren't my thing and I'd much rather not be crowded around wasted teenagers" he defends himself, his face turns red and he fixes his glasses.