Ch-44: 𝗦𝘄𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗟𝗮𝗸𝗲 (𝙂𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙚)

24TH FEBRUARY 2015

The day of the second task was finally upon everyone. They all started to head down the hill towards the pier where boats were waiting to take them somewhere in the middle of the lake. And once again, Fred and George were up to their bidding antics again as they yelled out to those who were walking past them.

"Place your bets!"
"Place your bets!"
"Four lads!"
"Two ladies! Six go down!"
"Will the six come up?!"

Ginny then walked past them. "Don't be so mean!"

The twins shrugged their shoulders at what their younger sister said and they continued with their shouting, hoping to take more bets. Braedey, meanwhile, was with Terry and Chad as they too headed down. Since Braedey had discovered what he'll be going up against this time, he came prepared.

"So, you've got one hour to find whatever it is at the bottom of the Black Lake and get it to the surface. You also get out fast before your body succumbs to the water; temperatures today are supposed to be cold." Terry reminded to his best friend. "And watch out for the Giant Squid down there!"

"It's the squid that you should be telling instead." Braedey pointed out as he cracked his neck.

"You got a plan for this?" Chad quickly asked.

"Have I got a plan." Braedey chuckled, then he looked around for any sign of Jasmine. "By the way, where is Jasmine? She was supposed to be here by now. And where is Ron and Hermione? Somebody set their alarm clock?"

"Nah, come on." Terry pulled Braedey over to the boats that were waiting for them to take them out to the Black Lake. "I'm sure they'll be here soon."

~*~*~

The destination for everyone to see the Second Task take place were three towering stands that stood in the deep waters of the Black Lake like oil rigs

The destination for everyone to see the Second Task take place were three towering stands that stood in the deep waters of the Black Lake like oil rigs. Hogwarts castle could still be seen in the distance.

Fleur and Cedric were the first to greet Braedey as he arrived on the scene, the two of them in swimsuits or swim trunks for the task ahead, the brunette getting them back. Krum, meanwhile, now glared at the American before Cedric stepped in front of him.

Using his Legilimen skill, Braedey could definitely tell Cedric wanted to beat the hell out of Krum, just like how Captain America or Batman did in the comics. Braedey can even see Cedric actually do it.

"Thanks, Cedric." Braedey whispered to him, Cedric nodding his head back to him before they go and get ready for the off.

The moment was then interrupted when Dumbledore finally speaks out to the many spectators that were here today, as well as the champions.

"Welcome to the second task! Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These six treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake." Dumbledore explained to everyone. "In order to win, each champion need to find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough except for this, they will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them."