Ch-8: 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 (𝙋𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚)

As the holidays continue on into the new year, Braedey couldn't stop thinking about what he saw in the Mirror of Erised during Christmas that put his feelings into question. Did he have feelings Hermione more than Jasmine, or was it the other way around? And who were those people standing with him? Braedey didn't recognise any of them at all. That wasn't all.

Just before New Year's Eve, Braedey and Professor Snape had a catchup down in the dungeons over some snacks and refreshments. Outside the class, Snape was only nice to the Slytherins and Martin as the potions master told him many stories about him and Naomi during the First Wizarding War.

Soon, the holidays were over as the students came back, including the Ravenclaws which meant Braedey can move back into Ravenclaw Tower, and Hermione who thanked him for her present which was a 'I USA' T-shirt.

The bad news was the five students still haven't made progress on the investigation into Nicholas Flamel, but due to the end of year exams coming up, Flamel would have to wait since the exams were more important.

~*~*~
22ND APRIL 2012

Braedey was studying in the Great Hall with his fellow Ravenclaws, and his boombox which was playing 2005-2010 music, one of his four playlists. While they were studying, Samuel brought up the subject of what the Ravenclaws had been planning for the summer holidays, because this summer was one hell of a summer. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, Euro 2012 (Soccer) in Poland and Ukraine. But the highlight was the London 2012 Olympic games that was also coming up.

"You're going to the Olympics?" Selena asked in surprise.

"Yep, uncle Franklin managed to snag tickets in his most recent outing later; got a day of athletics, cycling, swimming and football each. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. We'll get to Stratford via portkey." Braedey told her as he continued to read through his notes.

"What? No plane?" Samuel asked in confusion.

Braedey shook his head in reply. "Nope, but I do love flying, wish I had my own broomstick. Besides, no witch or wizard doesn't want to be stuck in a pressurised metal tube with wings for hours, and sitting next to a lot of strangers in seats that are designed for children."

"You do have a pont." Cho agreed before lip-syncing to some rock and roll music which was currently playing now.

Laughter suddenly followed as Neville entered, his legs stuck together like glue. No matter how much Braedey helps him be better, Toad boy literally still does childish things.

"What the.... Leg locker curse?" Terry narrowed his eyes in confusion to how Neville had got his legs stuck like glue.

"Malfoy." Braedey said with a tone of anger as the two walk over to the Gryffindor table.

"You have to stand up for yourself, Neville." Ron told him.

"How can I do what? I can barely stand up at all." Neville struggled as his movements were now limited.

Seamus suddenly stood up, his wand in his hand. "I'll do the counter curse." Immediately, Braedey, Terry and a few Gryffindors yelled for Seamus to stop before he causes another incident.

"Seamus, you firestarter! Potions class. Last Friday. Don't you remember?" Braedey reminded him of the other day.

Little flashback, Seamus did some foolish wand-waving during a potions class, and it caused dozens of firecrackers to go out of control, forcing all of the students to run out of the dungeons in panic.

Seamus slammed his wand on the table. "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Martin. Besides, if anyone cared to notice, my eyesbrows have completely grown back!" Seamus then walked off, revealing the back of head has no hair at all. Hermione snickered, trying to suppress her laughter as some of the students, Braedey included laughed in reaction.