40. You missed

"To the happy couple!" Jade cheered raising up her glass of water.

I took a large sip of the drink in front of me relishing in the nice buzz I had already started developing. I looked over at my husband to see he was right there with me, his face having a nice pink tint proving that we were both well on our ways to getting drunk.

Jade and her mom had took over the planning the second I had agreed to let Jade throw Harlan and I a party. So here we were all at Harlan's childhood home celebrating Harlan and I. And as much as I was hesitant to throw this party to begin with it didn't mean I was going to let the party go to waste.

I was going to have fun and make it a day I'd be able to look back on with a smile.

"You look gorgeous." Harlan said leaning into me.

"Thank you." I smiled up at him.

"Want to sneak out of here? I happen to still have a room in this house." He whispered to me.

"Harlan! Behave." I smacked his arm with a laugh.

"I'm trying but you're making it really hard. Literally." He groaned.

"Congratulations!" The sound of a new voice allowed me to not have to respond to Harlan who was currently trying to feel me up.

"Thank you for coming Nate, is Maddie here?" I looked around for the younger girl.

"She's clinging to Kieran, he's like her favorite person including me." He joked.

I found Kieran and couldn't help but laugh as he danced around with the three year old clinging to him. He was going to be such a good dad, I couldn't be more happy for him and Jade.

"She's a great kid, she's lucky to have you."

"More like I'm lucky to have her." He responded with a fond smile on his face.

"Nate your kid stole my husband." Jade laughed joining us.

"He's going to be a really good dad." Nate smiled at his best friend and daughter as they laughed and spun around some more.

"I know." She nodded. "When are you two going to start pumping out little ones?" Jade wiggled her fingers at Harlan and I.

The comment caused Harlan to choke on the drink he was currently throwing back like it was water.

"Slow down, you know we've only been together for like two months." Harlan answered.

"Well you guys did get married pretty quick." Nate shrugged.

"Just because we got married doesn't mean we are rushing to start a family and like do all that. No need to rush, anymore than we already have." I told them.

"Are we back to this dumb timeline and no rushing thing? I thought we got rid of that after you said yes to marrying me." Harlan frowned down at me.

"We are married not that many steps left to take now besides kids and we are waiting on kids." I gave my husband a look.

"Doesn't mean we can't start trying." He gave me that dumb smile.

"Keep it in your pants." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes please at least until your sister isn't in hearing distance." Jade groaned.

"Sorry sis." Harlan didn't actually look that sorry about it.

It was starting to get darker outside but the lights decorating the backyard was enough to keep it lit up. The music was still echoing through the backyard and I had Jade by the arms as we danced around.