° Your room is next to Bakugo's and it's 1 am °

...

You stared at your PC screen dully, and rather tiredly. You felt like knocking out at any given time, but you couldn't no matter how many times you went to your bed and tried.

So you do this, find random games to play to pass the time. Everyone is long asleep by now.

You don't usually have trouble sleeping. If anything, you knock out a little to quickly. But lately this hasn't been the case.

You think it's because of the stress that's been consuming you. With the constant hero work, school work, and constantly being threatened by villains. Not the best time for you.

You sighed, letting your head fall onto the desk you sat at.

"Okay... Maybe this time I can go to sleep." You thought. It isn't like you've told yourself that at least 4 times before.

You dragged yourself from your chair to flopping onto your bed dramatically, letting out a big sigh.

"Shut up idiot!" A booming voice yelled. Though muffled, you could tell who it was. And you felt a little bad...

Bakugo is the type to definitely be asleep by now. Which means that you can definitely be heard...

You crawled over towards the wall.

"Sorry Bakugo! I'm having trouble sleeping..."

You heard him rustle towards the wall.

"Well that's a surprise. Coming from the person who sleeps the most."

You smirked in annoyance.

"Coming from the old man who insists om going to be 2 hours early." You retorted.

You heard him chuckle from the other side, which caused you to smile a bit. Usually you two get on each others nerves, constantly coming for each others necks. But at night is when you find the energy to be civil.

"So how long have you been awake?" You asked.

"As long as you have."

"Oh, sorry. Did I keep you awake?"

"Nah. It's just one of those days."

"Ah, I see..."

Despite you two being "rivals" so to speak, you have code words to signal what you both are going through if you don't wanna seem weak to others.

In other words, "one of those days" signals stress and depression.

"To be honest, me too. It's been like that for a bit lately."

Silence fell over you both for a moment. Until Bakugo spoke again.

"You gonna tell me why?"

"Oh, right. I guess with everything going on it's putting me on high alert 24/7."

"It's like I'm afraid to sleep because I'm afraid that villains will attack us in our sleep."

"Heh. That sounds stupid."

"Hey!"

You heard Bakugo's faint laughter from the other side. You pouted.

"You see, this is why I talk to my therapist instead of you."

"But I'm sure you like me more?"

"You have a point."

Again, a few minutes of silence. You were a little sad that the conversation ended so early, but you brushed it off.

You were about to head back to your desk when you heard a knock on your wall.

"You still there?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Good. Stay there."

"Okay?" You thought.

After a few minutes of confused waiting, you heard faint music being played from the room over.

"Here. Now sleep."

"Wow... You have trash taste in music."

"Do you want it on or not?" He snapped.

"I never said I didn't like it you angry makeup brush."

"Just shut up and go to sleep damnit. We have a long day tomorrow."

You shrugged with a smile as you smuggled into your blankets. The music was just loud enough to make out and enjoy, but muffled enough to seem almost tranquil.

Before you dozed off, you mumbled out a quiet-

"Thanks, Bakugo. And goodnight."

He could barely hear it. And he didn't respond until he was sure you were asleep.

"Night, Y/n..."

...